Aventon Adventure 2 - Extra Battery - How long a wait?

JET

Local time
11:08 AM
I purchased the Aventon Adventure 2 and received it last week. The free extra battery still hasn't shipped. I assume they will send one with the same lock and matching color but how long of a wait till I see it? Should I contact them?

I purchased the Aventon Adventure 2 and received it last week. The free extra battery still hasn't shipped. I assume they will send one with the same lock and matching color but how long of a wait till I see it? Should I contact them?
How would we know? Only Aventon knows for sure about their stock situation.
I would think you'll get a tracking number for it when it ships, and I would also think they would have discussed it in a order confirmation email or follow-up. No?

Also, it's Aventure, not Adventure

I thought someone with a similar experience could shed some light on the wait time. They did say part of the order was fulfilled (the bike shipment).

Just heard back from Aventon. Won't see the extra battery until four weeks from now.

Well, you'll have a bike to ride in the meantime. Unless you go for a lot of LONG eBike rides or go 28 mph all the time, I think you'll find your range is adequate. By LONG rides, I mean your butt comfort will be the determining factor, rather than battery capacity.

Don't assume you will get a cover, matching or not. I also received the "free battery" but it was only the battery. You will need to remove the cover from your existing battery and connect to the new one to use it. The good thing is you can order a cover in the color of your choice, not too expensive, but shipping is added. But still a good deal all and all.

Thanks. Good to know.
You're welcome. Now what is really needed is a way to carry that extra battery around so you can switch it out when the first one gets low. It would be nice to have a type click-in holder that secures the extra battery. But another topic for another tread...

Yep. The lock is part of the battery and the same keys fit both batteries. I suspect the lock is not really a security thing and more like lever to release the battery.
I wanted to correct my statement about the lock. The lock is actually on the frame, not battery. So the same key/lock is used regardless of the battery. But, it still only seems work as a lever to release the battery.

You're welcome. Now what is really needed is a way to carry that extra battery around so you can switch it out when the first one gets low. It would be nice to have a type click-in holder that secures the extra battery. But another topic for another tread...
If I were going to carry an extra battery for my Aventon, (mine's a Level.2, but it also doesn't have a place for a spare) I would put it in a trunk bag on the rack and fashion a "cradle" of of some closed cell foam that is sometimes used to ship fragile electronics.

You will need to remove the cover from your existing battery and connect to the new one to use it
Am I to understand the only way to use this new battery is with a cover? I was reading the youtube comments on installation and someone said it doesn't even come with the screw.

Back