Any Great Loopers out there using Ebikes?

Battery Powered

Local time
3:42 AM
We are researching our retirement adventures and are interested in doing the Great Loop for a few years, maybe. LOL There is soooooo much to figure out so it's a 5 year plan.
We are curious if anyone is doing the Great Loop and if so are you using ebikes. Thanks!

Heres a map, it would be nice to have the bikes at Marinas to go shopping and touring. I know we would need lighter bikes.

Attachments

• GreatLoop.png
    GreatLoop.png
    331.1 KB · Views: 42
I did a copy paste, I don't write that well. Lol

"The Great Loop is a continuous waterway that recreational mariners can travel that includes part of the Atlantic, Gulf Intracoastal Waterways, the Great Lakes, Canadian Heritage Canals, and the inland rivers of America's heartland. Anyone who completes the journey is then named an official 'Looper."

Running the great loop has always intrigued me, it could be such an adventure. I have read some blogs of those that are currently looping. Most of them that have bikes are small, compact units, most are folding to save space. I don't own one of this type so I will trust that others will chime in with their favorites.

Us too, we stayed at a campground in St. Johnsville, NY that also had a marina on the Great Loop in 2018 or 19 and that's where we first learned about it. We had talked about it a many times and a few weeks ago while visiting friends they told us they were going to do it and they renewed our interest, I didn't realize how extensive the Loop was until they showed us a detailed map. We decided to make it a 5 year plan so we could really research and make sure it's something we really want to do. Lots to learn. Lol

Back