A deeply upset individual

Very annoying situation. I sympathize. Takes all the fun out of it. My take: we’re still in the shakeout phase of the ebike business.
For smaller companies, there’s no money in customer service or warranty work. They’ll do it to avoid bad reputation, but just enough so you can’t say say they ignored it completely.
My general suggestions : if possible, take your bike to a local guy before you send it back. Even if it costs some money get a knowledgeable assessment of what the problem is. If the issue can be fixed locally, think hard about that. Take a detailed video of the bike before you send it back. Buy from a company where you can talk to a live person.
Finally, if you buy cheap from an online retailer (like a guy named after a large river in South America) don’t really expect satisfaction from warranty. I know these suggestions are too little too late, but maybe they’ll help somebody.

So you know - "in general" eBike Customer Service in the UK is quite better than here in the U.S..

Here in the US it takes a LOT of hassle to get a eBike shop or "manuafacturer" to help with "shipping damage" - and Yes rear hangars are a not uncommon damage.

In addition to the New Hangar - you might consider adding a Derailleur Guard for additional protection when riding - easy to install when you do a new hangar:

CLICK HERE UK AMAZON DERAILLEUR GUARD
ditto!

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
It would be good to always know the make and model ebike people have problems with. Keep the rest of us from making a mistake. There seems to be a proliferation of new models out there.

Back