2023 HeyBike Mars -- slow and won't go more than 15MPH (new controller display)

nitpick

Local time
5:11 PM
I just took delivery of a new HeyBike Mars (2023) with the new controller

Problem is it is extremely slow. Cannot get it to go more than 15 MPH before it will back off on the electric motor

What I have done already:

1. Verified wheel diameter. It shipped with the wheel diameter set to 23" but the actual diameter is 21". I reset this and now the speedometer and odometer are accurate (checked against a handlebar-mounted Garmin Edge GPS)

2. Checked the max speed setting in the controller. Came set to 60Kph (37MPH) and I cranked it to the max of 63Kph

3. Tried to "fool" it by setting the wheel diameter to 8". This resulted in the speedometer reading much lower but the bike still cut out at 15MPH measured on the GPS

Nothing I can do will get it to go more than 15mph. This is not a weight issue as I have another 500W bicycle that easily does 25Mph (once I reset the speed limit) on level ground. Even going down a slight hill you cannot feel any power assist once it hits 15mph

have you tried youtube search for HeyBike Mars advanced settings ?

Welcome to our humble home, by the way :cool:

have you tried youtube search for HeyBike Mars advanced settings ?

Welcome to our humble home, by the way :cool:
Yes. Unfortunately all that I have found has been relevant to the earlier display and controller. I've played with all the configurations I could get to on the controller I have (sensor magnets, wheel size, motor amps, max speed, etc. ) and nothing makes a difference

All i can think of would be swap with aftermarket controller and display.

Mystery solved. There is a "speed limiter" connector on the controller box under the battery. White wires. This needs to be disconnected in order for the bike to go more than 15MPH

I disconnected mine and it will now do 20MPH throttle only

Posted because I am sure there will be others with the exact same issue

Unknown.png
temp4cj.png

I have a problem with PAS settings. If i set PAS 1 to 5 MPH the bike travel to 11.9 MPH and in PAS 2 its set to 10 MPH and the bike travels to 15 MPH. Nothing on Youtube, nothing the the gingilish on the display menu. Anyone have information ?

I have a problem with PAS settings. If i set PAS 1 to 5 MPH the bike travel to 11.9 MPH and in PAS 2 its set to 10 MPH and the bike travels to 15 MPH. Nothing on Youtube, nothing the the gingilish on the display menu. Anyone have information ?
The PAS settings are in percentage of the power, not in mph. So if you set your PAS to 10 that is 10% of the power not 10 miles per hour, the highest PAS setting is A0 which is the maximum power setting.

Mystery solved. There is a "speed limiter" connector on the controller box under the battery. White wires. This needs to be disconnected in order for the bike to go more than 15MPH

View attachment 9508View attachment 9509
Out of curiosity, do you know of these white wires affect anything else on the system? Its sad they intentionally install a wired speed limiter, but if not thanks for the hack. I just got my bike yesterday and i wanna max the setting to get a feel for all the power this thing can do lol. :)

Out of curiosity, do you know of these white wires affect anything else on the system? Its sad they intentionally install a wired speed limiter, but if not thanks for the hack. I just got my bike yesterday and i wanna max the setting to get a feel for all the power this thing can do lol. :)
Welcome to the forums! :)

View attachment 9508View attachment 9509
I just tried to do this with mine, and it has the new screen (manu. Aug 2023 i think) and there is no white or blue wires. I counted the ones in the above image and it has everything but the whote wire :/. Any suggestions? Here's what im looking at: (see attached).

Attachments

• 17128685723445486483902716765052.jpg
    17128685723445486483902716765052.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 17
Back