Wallke H6 Mileage

Captchef

Local time
9:04 AM
Hi, I'm Brian and I've had my Wallke H6 since early September. I'm lucky enough to have a Pennsylvania canal trail out back and have taken advantage hundreds of times this year.
But I do have an issue with the bike. I'm now about to be on my third controller, due to burnouts. I'm wondering what the real expected mileage should be, not advertised as being. I'm about 165 lbs and ride along the D&L Trail, a relatively flat surface following the river. I ride in PA2 90% of the time just peddling and my longest ride, trying to be conservative has been 42 miles, with the battery showing 7% at arrival at home. I did that on my wife's Aventon yesterday with only one battery.
Wallke has been ducking the issue when all I want from them is an answer. The touted 120 to 180 miles isn't working out for me and if anyone has any input that would be helpful, do send it along.

Something's definitely up with the mileage as im getting around 65 miles out of a 36v 20ah battery on throttle (I do pedal a lot), and that's only draining to 32.5v.

And considering I'm nearly 100lb heavier something seems off.. I borrowed a mates 48v 22.5ah battery last weekend (mated to a 25a max/12a nominal controller) and ended up doing the whole Brisbane Valley Rail Trail at 161km (100miles) on one charge over 7.5 hours.

Hi, I'm Brian and I've had my Wallke H6 since early September. I'm lucky enough to have a Pennsylvania canal trail out back and have taken advantage hundreds of times this year.
But I do have an issue with the bike. I'm now about to be on my third controller, due to burnouts. I'm wondering what the real expected mileage should be, not advertised as being. I'm about 165 lbs and ride along the D&L Trail, a relatively flat surface following the river. I ride in PA2 90% of the time just peddling and my longest ride, trying to be conservative has been 42 miles, with the battery showing 7% at arrival at home. I did that on my wife's Aventon yesterday with only one battery.
Wallke has been ducking the issue when all I want from them is an answer. The touted 120 to 180 miles isn't working out for me and if anyone has any input that would be helpful, do send it along.
Whoa, controller burnouts? Do you know what causes that? I was considering this bike but this doesn't sound good at all.

Whoa, controller burnouts? Do you know what causes that? I was considering this bike but this doesn't sound good at all.
My personal opinion is that a larger, more proper controller won't fit in the little space the controller goes in. I was given instructions from Wallke to ride the bike until the battery died. I argued the point but did it anyway. The battery ran out going up the hill I live on and that's when the controller burned up. But in my case. the connection between the controller and the rear hub also did a melt down so that might have been involved. But it was two controllers that burned up and I think it was too much stress on the controller. The controller temperature reading was high each time it happened and that's why I think the controller is under powered for the bike. I fixed mine but in the mean time bought an Aniioki A8 52V/60Amp and love it more.

My personal opinion is that a larger, more proper controller won't fit in the little space the controller goes in. I was given instructions from Wallke to ride the bike until the battery died. I argued the point but did it anyway. The battery ran out going up the hill I live on and that's when the controller burned up. But in my case. the connection between the controller and the rear hub also did a melt down so that might have been involved. But it was two controllers that burned up and I think it was too much stress on the controller. The controller temperature reading was high each time it happened and that's why I think the controller is under powered for the bike. I fixed mine but in the mean time bought an Aniioki A8 52V/60Amp and love it more.
Ah ok. The Aniioki is also on my list. Still doing my research. What do you think about that seat/seat post?

Ah ok. The Aniioki is also on my list. Still doing my research. What do you think about that seat/seat post?
I bought a bike seat cushion to put in it. Other than a little more padding, it's great. I like the ability to slide back on it for a position change.

Welcome, from SE Wisconsin.
Time to sell that Wallke for cheap and invest in an Aventon for yourself. Maybe a Pace 500.3?

Back