Two batteries one controller

Keep in mind if your bike is one of the ones which performs "regenerative braking" most battery combiners do not support this feature. I really have no idea how many eBikes (of a reasonable price) support this feature, neither of mine do it.

Keep in mind if your bike is one of the ones which performs "regenerative braking" most battery combiners do not support this feature. I really have no idea how many eBikes (of a reasonable price) support this feature, neither of mine do it.
Probably almost none that are manufactured. Regen is more of a DIY thing that you dial in yourself, ranging from gentle to crazy strong, and it requires some super important extra care in terms of installing torque arms that work in both directions.

You also need a direct drive hub motor and almost every hub motor coming on a factory bike is a geared hub, which with one very prominent exception (also DIY) is a type of motor that does not support regen.

Probably almost none that are manufactured. Regen is more of a DIY thing that you dial in yourself, ranging from gentle to crazy strong, and it requires some super important extra care in terms of installing torque arms that work in both directions.

You also need a direct drive hub motor and almost every hub motor coming on a factory bike is a geared hub, which with one very prominent exception (also DIY) is a type of motor that does not support regen.
Agreed, the only ones I have seen this feature on are the 4kw plus eMotorcycles. This feature seems to be more common on them than eBikes. But, I wanted to leave the door open in case there are outliers.

Back