Tongsheng TSDZ2 off the market?

Seaguy

Local time
11:45 PM
I bought a tongsheg tsdz2 kit a couple years ago, and i'm still using it and love it. But the company I bought it from eco ebikes in nashville seems to be mothballed. The other company that I do business with, Electrify bike in jordan utah, Is no longer listing the tongsheng for sale. I understood tongsheng was sued by bafang. Does anybody know if the ts is available anywhere?

The Tongsheng "new/upgraded" model is the TSDZ2B with added/upgraded clutch for non-electric pedaling - the "B" is commonly available - do a google - check Amazon-eBay-Aliexpress - it is available in 48V 350 or 500 watts. I would NOT assume parts are interchangeable with your "non-B".

Thanks fabb for the update. The new B version appears legit as I have noticed the drag pedaling with zero power. Most ali.ebay.amazon sources are garbled nonsense ignoring the power of the open source firmware ofs. Only Electrify Bike in Jordan Utah has cut to the chase providing tsdz2b only with ofs and dropping the stock firmware completely. Combined with 52v 21700 batt it really is the only way to go. Not cheap but nothing else compares.

I bought a tongsheg tsdz2 kit a couple years ago, and i'm still using it and love it. But the company I bought it from eco ebikes in nashville seems to be mothballed. The other company that I do business with, Electrify bike in jordan utah, Is no longer listing the tongsheng for sale. I understood tongsheng was sued by bafang. Does anybody know if the ts is available anywhere?
I just bought an unfinished conversion (from what I found researching) using the same mid drive motor and I'm clueless as to what additional parts I'm going to need.The bike is a Twitter 390oxc, Shimano rear 5speed hub and generator front hub, and that's it,no battery no throttle no chain and I believe I read somewhere that the motor has a controller built in ?
I'm familiar with brushless hub motors but this is my first mid drive,any help would be greatly appreciated

Pull out the motor assembly and set it aside, Then start the ebike conversion from scratch. You'll have way better luck and way better support buying the motor battery wiring harness display And all from the same vendor. Then when you get done sell the motor for whatever you can get for it. Yes if it is a tongsheng it has a controller in the motor, But without everything else, Especially the proper display, You have nothing. Good luck!

Back