PSA: Lectric Xpedition kick stand should be replaced as soon as possible.

cargobikesaresick

Local time
2:18 AM
Just put 100 miles on this thing, and I knew since mile 1 that the kick stand needed to be replaced. The bike is very tippy with a load on the back, bike got bumped and well, I only have myself to blame.

If you pick this up make sure you replace the kickstand if you are going to have a load on the back, and if you are getting a cargo bike, I imagine you will...

edit: Lectric sent me a new one free of charge.

narrowkickstand.jpeg

Do you mean using the kickstand while a load is ON the bike?

Also, do you have any issue with the handlebars being wobbly?

Do you mean using the kickstand while a load is ON the bike?

Also, do you have any issue with the handlebars being wobbly?
Apologies for the late reply..

Yes, with a load on the bike of 100lbs its quite tippy with the current stand. I've been forced to use the large food carrier on the back rack since the pannier saddle bags haven't shipped yet. Accessories have been back-ordered for months, but those should finally ship in a few days. Once those arrive it will be much less top heavy.

Lectric replaced my screen for free. Only loss has been my odometer reading. Unfortunately I can only reset the odometer, I can't manually input a millage which is odd to me.

I have had Zero issues with the handle bars. Stiff and secure no wobble at all.

Apologies for the late reply..

Yes, with a load on the bike of 100lbs its quite tippy with the current stand. I've been forced to use the large food carrier on the back rack since the pannier saddle bags haven't shipped yet. Accessories have been back-ordered for months, but those should finally ship in a few days. Once those arrive it will be much less top heavy.

Lectric replaced my screen for free. Only loss has been my odometer reading. Unfortunately I can only reset the odometer, I can't manually input a millage which is odd to me.

I have had Zero issues with the handle bars. Stiff and secure no wobble at all.
Thanks!

My wife has since shifted gears and would feel comfortable enough to learn to navigate an XP 3!

With the accessories and only 4’11” and 105 pounds, riding on the rear of the XP is also an option!

It tends to get loose every other week. I am always ready with an allen wrench because of that. That kickstand needs like a pressure washer or locktite to hold it in place.

But lets say we replace it, what would it be the best candidate kickstand? A moped kickstand?

Shop for a "Dual Leg" center-stand - takes a bit of effort to get the eBike "up" on the stand - but stable for loading and stanidng with load

Back