New to e bikes

JT.

Local time
3:16 AM
Hello, my wife and myself are new to e-bikes. Glad to be here and learn some things from the veterans

JT

Welcome to the group, I am only about a month ahead of where you are today.
Things to become aware of:

1. What bike trails and paths are in your area. I was largely unaware of them when I first started.
2. What businesses and restaurants have quality/secure bike racks.
3. What the "real" range is of your bike, as you like to ride it. This allows you to plan local trips in your area.
4. All the controls on your bikes, and what they do. If you have to "think about it", you are not familiar enough with it.
5. Start making a list of things you wish to add to your bike to customize it for your personal desires.

For me, number 5 is a list which continues to grow with use. I wanted to have lower-worry trips on the bike.
This meant two sets of locks, saddlebags to keep tools, patch kit, compressor and locks in. Saddlebags are also great for quick grocery runs.
It also meant critically examining everything which "could be better" about the bike. I got tired of the low pressure (noisy)
knobby tires which came with the bike, and picked up some true street tires which were higher pressure.

Like all "online hobby groups", there will always be those here who will joyfully suggest wonderful things to buy to enhance your riding experience.

Welcome, from SE Wisconsin. We'll be happy to help with questions in the appropriate forum.

I've had good luck with Lectric, Electra and Aventon eBikes. Jury's still out on Juiced, as it's new. I'd avoid Heybike and Sailnovo.

Back