Howittro

Local time
8:03 AM
My name is Bob Howitt and I just ordered the Evelo Omega ebike and have been riding my 2015 Trek ebike for 8 years which no longer meets my needs as a 73 year old rider

My name is Bob Howitt and I just ordered the Evelo Omega ebike and have been riding my 2015 Trek ebike for 8 years which no longer meets my needs as a 73 year old rider

Hi and Welcome to the forums! :cool:

Welcome Bob.....enjoy your new ride. Lots of great people here....except one......I can't go into details! Just kiddin.......

Hi Bob, welcome to the forum! So I'm curious, what are your new needs (I assume it has something to do with aging). I just turned 70 and if you're like me, I needed a bike with a step through frame, as well as the power assist to help me pedal (bad left hip). I was having more and more trouble getting my feet/legs over the top tube of my old road bikes, so the step through is a really amazing design. (I have an Aventon Level.2 which my wife got for me for Christmas). Hope you find this forum interesting and helpful! -- Robert Baker

Welcome Bob, from SE Wisconsin.

Looks like a nice bike: https://evelo.com/products/omega

I like the belt drive and hub CVT. It says "fully automatic" so I hope it makes the right decisions for you.

I feel like you may want to upgrade the seat and add a shock seatpost pretty soon; a decent shock seatpost makes a huge difference.

Enjoy your stay.

Hello, my name is Sherri, and I just bought a "open box" Evelo Aurora Sl. I really like it. This is my first ebike, so I'm just getting used to it and so far, I find it has plenty of power and handles like a dream! I wanted a mid drive and was having a hard time finding one for the money I had to spend - around ($2,000). So when I saw the Aurora with mid drive, Enviolo CVT, decent battery size, only 30 miles on it, and for UNDER my spending budget , I knew I had found my first ebike. The motor is quite powerful and very quiet! The only problem I have is the step through is a little bit of a challenge, as it's a bit high for me, but that is a issue I have with my knees and being in my 50's, I'm not as flexible as I use to be. I have read another review where the person had similar issues so I don't feel as bad. I'm sure the more I ride, the easier it will be (hopefully) . So I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello!

Hello, my name is Sherri, and I just bought a "open box" Evelo Aurora Sl. I really like it. This is my first ebike, so I'm just getting used to it and so far, I find it has plenty of power and handles like a dream! I wanted a mid drive and was having a hard time finding one for the money I had to spend - around ($2,000). So when I saw the Aurora with mid drive, Enviolo CVT, decent battery size, only 30 miles on it, and for UNDER my spending budget , I knew I had found my first ebike. The motor is quite powerful and very quiet! The only problem I have is the step through is a little bit of a challenge, as it's a bit high for me, but that is a issue I have with my knees and being in my 50's, I'm not as flexible as I use to be. I have read another review where the person had similar issues so I don't feel as bad. I'm sure the more I ride, the easier it will be (hopefully) . So I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello!

Welcome to our humble home! :cool:

Back