New battery DC plug advise

augustin

Local time
3:22 PM
PXL_20230922_080137220.jpg
hello everyone.
I need your advice as I don't know how to charge my bike battery.
My bike was broken for more than 4 months, battery fail.
On warranty I've received a brand new battery but come with another type of DC plug.
My old one, left photo had female port with a male 5.5x21mm.
The new one, right side photo come in with male!? But I don't know what type of plug need.
Is not a RCA DC.
Anyone knows what port and plug is?

Thanks.

Attachments

• PXL_20230922_075444873.jpg
    PXL_20230922_075444873.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 76
  • PXL_20230922_074945661.jpg
    PXL_20230922_074945661.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 75
  • PXL_20230924_061717059.jpg
    PXL_20230924_061717059.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 81
I "expect" that new port is a RCA - in China also known as "lotus head" = it is either 8mm 0R 10MM (10mm is rarer). 8mm is taken from eScooter's where it was one of the "standards" for that segment

CLICK HERE AMAZON 3A 8MM RCA 48V CHARGER

CLICK HERE AMAZON 1.5A 10MM 48V CHARGER

I would suggest is the Bike Brand replaced your battery under warranty (no charge) - and your replacement battery has a different DC charge port - that they owe you a new/matching charger !

FOC = Free Of Charge = is ALWAYS the best thing !

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
In the first photo it seems you have the two batteries side by side. If that is the case then the dimensions of the new one look like a 5.5 x 2.1 male, a female to female cable should connect your PS to the battery.

I "expect" that new port is a RCA - in China also known as "lotus head" = it is either 8mm 0R 10MM (10mm is rarer). 8mm is taken from eScooter's where it was one of the "standards" for that segment

CLICK HERE AMAZON 3A 8MM RCA 48V CHARGER

CLICK HERE AMAZON 1.5A 10MM 48V CHARGER

I would suggest is the Bike Brand replaced your battery under warranty (no charge) - and your replacement battery has a different DC charge port - that they owe you a new/matching charger !

FOC = Free Of Charge = is ALWAYS the best thing !
This is coming from engwe. The warranty is terrible. After sale parts terrible as well. I have been waiting for a new battery for 5 months now. So no way I can contact the seller for this issue. I bought a charger with some adapters but the RCA was to big. A just assume was 10mm. So I wil try with 8mm. Thank you for advise. I will order a new one now.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
In the first photo it seems you have the two batteries side by side. If that is the case then the dimensions of the new one look like a 5.5 x 2.1 male, a female to female cable should connect your PS to the battery.
I will try this as well. I have no idea. I bought few chargers and none fit. Also I cannot find any information on my seller website (angwe). Just avoid this brand.

Hope it works out - here in the US Amazon is the "eBike Friend" due to their liberal return policy - so you can order what you "think you want" and return what doesn't work. I hope 8mm RCA Lotus Head fits for you. Here in the US RCA/Lotus is kindof oddball for eBikes - somewhat used by some scooters. If it fits - since you haven't ridden since May - might take overnight to charge. Decent weather for London next week - hope you can get out there - November this year might be bloody cold like December !

Back