NEED HELP WITH MY E MOPED UPGRADE.

donreiy

Local time
1:14 PM
I just received this moped I imported from China to my country Nigeria. I have driven it for some days now and I'm loving it already. I noticed that I got a good acceleration but I need more acceleration from it due to the large battery it has. I read on this platform that a far driver controller can help send more amps to the motor to achieve that. I am a noob to all these and I'm willing to try to upgrade it myself. can anyone be of help please? Here is the link I bought the bike from. https://m.tb.cn/h.UCpOyb3

Attached is the controller currently installed on the bike and the battery that came with the bike. I would gladly appreciate all suggestions.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-09 092525.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-09 092525.png
    967.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot 2023-09-09 092502.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-09 092502.png
    917.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot 2023-09-09 092423.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-09 092423.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
  • battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 68
  • controller.jpg
    controller.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 72
You are probably going to need to spend more Money! You are probably going to need a speed controller that is on like a Sur Ron E-bike.

"far driver controller"??? I have no idea what you mean here. A controller which will supply more amps, is going to be significantly expensive.

You will get less range, less total battery lifetime, and risk damaging the motor.

You may be able to utilize the "shunt mod", but the risk may outweigh the reward.

You are probably going to need to spend more Money! You are probably going to need a speed controller that is on like a Sur Ron E-bike.
NO , you need to increase the voltage in the battery pack to increase speed with anything using a brushless electric motor. You will also need to be sure the controller is capable of handling the increased battery voltage. In all it maybe better to sell this one and buy something that has been built to go the speed you desire,

I just checked the site that sold you scooter to you, it looks like the sell a 72 volt and 60 volt version. I don't know which you have but both of those voltages are at the top of whats available at this time.

The OP is NOT seeking more speed, he wants more ACCELERATION.

That requires AMPS. Not volts.

A rear gear with more teeth, at the expense of losing top speed, may be the easiest way to start.

Back