Melted wires lectric controller.

Local time
10:19 AM
Had a complication on my commute into work this morning. I gotta E 009 code. I inspected where the controller is and found that the phase wires were melted. I have contacted lectric to see what they end up doing.

Attachments

• D8B5C8A1-30D5-416F-AD74-EA82F32BF955.jpeg
    D8B5C8A1-30D5-416F-AD74-EA82F32BF955.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 125
How old is the bike?
which model?
how many miles on odometer?
What's the typical usage?
Rider/cargo weight?

How old is the bike?
which model?
how many miles on odometer?
What's the typical usage?
Rider/cargo weight?
The bike is 10 months old
It is an XP step through 2.0 with a standard battery
1550 miles on the odometer
I use the bike to commute to work and some recreational
About 240 pounds.

I contacted Lectric about two weeks ago thought I had a feeling battery, but I actually think it was the wiring that was causing the problems. The battery voltage would drop fast. Overall power has been reduced and range has been reduced with the amount of heat that has been generated where the wires are at, I am suspecting that this has been my problem. I will keep you guys updated.

Typical usage is mostly PAS at low or high level or just full throttle?
Ever check if anything was overheating prior to you noticing the wires getting fried?

I inspected the harness at 1000 miles and found slight discoloration. I just got off the phone with lectric. They are sending a new controller and motor wire out.

I don’t use the throttle much on the bike. I use PAS 2 two and three when not in traffic. When in traffic, I will use PAS 5. When the symptom occurred I was PAS 5.
I would say it’s 50% PAS five and the rest the time at two or three.

Didnt havea pinched wire in that bunch?( it happens when people are careless assembling)

I could not find any damaged wires from the factory
The wires had high resistance at the barrel connectors. This caused the wires to heat up add to melt together Lectric sent out new controller and a new motor harness. I have to put my own barrel connector. I am going to Solder it instead. Lectric responded fast and great customer support.

Back