Manufacturers have figured out the eBike laws are bs

biknut

Local time
6:13 PM
"You can easily toggle your bikes class settings for compliance where ever you're riding with access to 1,2,3, or unlocked settings to help control your velocity."

I can do the same thing with my throttle, but I'll play along. On my bike I just have class 2, or unlimited setting. In 10 years I've never needed to use the class 2 setting.

Yep, I am on the horn of the anvil deciding between the wired freedom or a motor goat v3 (with the factory 2nd battery kit).
I live with the belief that you can have a faster bike (and get away with it) if you don't ride like a hooligan in most places.

This is the same basic rule I use with performance cars and motorcycles. I have owned some rather stupid stuff in the past.
The police who pulled me over, just wanted to look at them. They had no actual reason to pull me over. I wasn't riding fast and reckless.

Yep, I am on the horn of the anvil deciding between the wired freedom or a motor goat v3 (with the factory 2nd battery kit).
I live with the belief that you can have a faster bike (and get away with it) if you don't ride like a hooligan in most places.

This is the same basic rule I use with performance cars and motorcycles. I have owned some rather stupid stuff in the past.
The police who pulled me over, just wanted to look at them. They had no actual reason to pull me over. I wasn't riding fast and reckless.
I agree. I always ride my bike in a manner appropriate for the location I'm riding, and I've never had a problem in 10 years.

Back in 2013 Stealth was way ahead in the legality the game. All Stealth's came from the factory limited to the legal power level of the country it was shipping to. Class stickers didn't become a thing until years later. I bought this sticker on eBay mainly just for laughs, but it's not a lie. All I have to do is remember to hit the button to make it true.
Blue pedal Stealth class.jpg
20240229_165047.jpg

Back