LVC all of a sudden on diy bike build

pete84

Local time
12:35 AM
Hi all newbie here pleased to meet yall im pete form the UK.
I'm out looking for a solution / insight to a problem that has just started to happen.

I built my own ebike after getting a cheap one last summer and finding it amazing!
bafang 250w, 58.8v, 350w controller 16-18 amps, panasonic cgr18650, 2250ah, 14s4p and i think they have 2.5a discharge not the 10 version but unsure.

I blew my less powerful 250w controller and replaced it with that one at least 8 months ago, i use it 2-3 a week for about 6 miles a go, throttle more than pedal.
Just wondering if I have been killing it? it is hitting the lvc now where it never has before, sagging from 53v+ to lvc, ive just checked and its settled at 52.5v after todays trip and it hit lvc 7 times on way home, about 12 stone on bike few ups and downs, dont think i could really get more than 15mph from it anywhere and it went 30 at first.
would a lesser controller help me extend some life here and get less annoying cut outs? or is it new battery time ? is there anything else i can do to try salvage something here.

Would need a LOT more details and information to offer any accurate advice but you hit LVC 7 times on a trip of less than 6 miles, AND YOU KEPT GOING, yes, need a new battery.

Without some major changes, which ones would require that additional detailed information, your next one will not last much longer.

I've heard that corrosion on the battery cells can cause this issue. It's just enough resistance to throw the controller into a hissy/frenzy.

Back