A year and a half of Trek Powerfly 7 Full Suspension

pagheca

Local time
7:16 AM
To be honest, having only owned and used my Trek Powerfly 9 FS, I can't say that it is better than this or that, or that it is worth every euro of the (€4800 !!!) price I paid. Consider I choose it from the very limited models available where I live for the use I intended to do: a small, extremely hilly Atlantic island.

It certainly does everything I expected it to do: very rough and steep climbs, often difficult descents, with no problems. I really put it through its paces on rocks, gravel, mountains, difficult terrain, etc.

The 4-caliper brake often gets extremely hot but I never had problems downhill. The shifting is a pleasure. The display and controls are very functional (with one exception: see below). The motor is powerful and the torque is sufficient to the limit of tipping! The range is impressive, considering the elevation changes I have to overcome every time I use it. At least it seems to me, then maybe an expert would tell me it's all crap.... Who knows?

Something I thought was just for pussies or professional sportsmen turned out to be one of the most useful innovation instead, at least here: the seat drop! Without that I think I would have crashed ten times already on these descents.... There are some points where I still really have to use all my remaining cool (of an over 60 years old not exactly with a champion physique... :( ) not to stop and go down pushing.

The only complaints I can make is that it is certainly a bulky and heavy ebike, perhaps not the best handling, but - again - I don't know about the others. Also, the Bosch Econnect app really sucks!!! Finally, the walking mode button is put in such a position that pushing the bike uphill and holding it down at the same time is really tricky.

But again: I don't have much experience with ebikes, and maybe I could do the same things even better with ebikes that cost half as much. :unsure:

To be honest, having only owned and used my Trek Powerfly 9 FS, I can't say that it is better than this or that, or that it is worth every euro of the (€4800 !!!) price I paid. Consider I choose it from the very limited models available where I live for the use I intended to do: a small, extremely hilly Atlantic island.

It certainly does everything I expected it to do: very rough and steep climbs, often difficult descents, with no problems. I really put it through its paces on rocks, gravel, mountains, difficult terrain, etc.

The 4-caliper brake often gets extremely hot but I never had problems downhill. The shifting is a pleasure. The display and controls are very functional (with one exception: see below). The motor is powerful and the torque is sufficient to the limit of tipping! The range is impressive, considering the elevation changes I have to overcome every time I use it. At least it seems to me, then maybe an expert would tell me it's all crap.... Who knows?

Something I thought was just for pussies or professional sportsmen turned out to be one of the most useful innovation instead, at least here: the seat drop! Without that I think I would have crashed ten times already on these descents.... There are some points where I still really have to use all my remaining cool (of an over 60 years old not exactly with a champion physique... :( ) not to stop and go down pushing.

The only complaints I can make is that it is certainly a bulky and heavy ebike, perhaps not the best handling, but - again - I don't know about the others. Also, the Bosch Econnect app really sucks!!! Finally, the walking mode button is put in such a position that pushing the bike uphill and holding it down at the same time is really tricky.

But again: I don't have much experience with ebikes, and maybe I could do the same things even better with ebikes that cost half as much. :unsure:
So compared to other e-bikes on the market, I find that to excel in terms of performance and capability.

Back