How to Reset Trip Information

bhowdy

Local time
7:42 PM
I previously had an Aventon Level1 and had no trouble resetting the trip info. I have sent 2 requests to Aventon with no answer.
When I walk thru the steps on the bike's controller, and I scroll to the reset query and then OK .... Nothing happens. The information remains the same .... like the controller is not working correctly. Any advice is appreciated

A buddy upgraded from a Level to a Level 2 for the torque sensor. The good news: He loved the torque sensor. The bad news: No trip meter or odometer, unless you stop and change screens. It does not show distance though while riding. The display offers other geeky metrics like carbon emission savings. He returned the bike.

I previously had an Aventon Level1 and had no trouble resetting the trip info. I have sent 2 requests to Aventon with no answer.
When I walk thru the steps on the bike's controller, and I scroll to the reset query and then OK .... Nothing happens. The information remains the same .... like the controller is not working correctly. Any advice is appreciated
Howdy bhowdy! I have the same issue and I joined this forum just to ask you if you ever got the reset resolved.
I hope to hear back from you.
Thanks!
EDIT: I'm looking for information on how to reset Trip B.

SOLVED: TRIP ODOMETER RESET FOR SINCH.2
1. Go to main menu by holding down the + - buttons at the same time for 3 seconds.
2. Clear Trip Data A - Yes - OK (Trip A is now cleared)
3. Clear Trip Data B - Power off the bike and it will clear, leaving Trip A uncleared.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-31 063543.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-31 063543.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 24
To access Trip Odometer A & B, double click quickly on either of the turn signal buttons. < >
I mistakenly thought pressing the power button showed the Trip Odometer information.
Hope this information is helpful. :)

You say you previously had a Level1, but you didn't say which bike you have now. Are the other posters right in assuming you have a Level.2 now?
I have a Level.2, and have no problems resetting trip meters.

A buddy upgraded from a Level to a Level 2 for the torque sensor. The good news: He loved the torque sensor. The bad news: No trip meter or odometer, unless you stop and change screens. It does not show distance though while riding. The display offers other geeky metrics like carbon emission savings. He returned the bike.
I have the Level.2 and it does have a trip meter and odometer. The odometer shows on the main screen.
Either your friend had an early version with an early firmware or he did not read the instructions and couldn't figure it out. It's a shame to return the bike over that when it was probably an easy fix with a look at the manual or call to Aventon.

I have an Aventon abound and what you might be seeing is the total mileage on the bike-not the trip distance. On mine I double tap the button for the right blinker and that brings up the actual trip info. You can toggle back and forth between trip A and trip B. To reset, hold the + and - function at the same time to bring up the screen to reset. Scroll to Clear Trip Data and hit the center button to clear. This will reset the trip info.

Back