Help. I need help identifying this component and how to fix it!!!

Jbrennan217

New member
Local time
10:35 PM
Joined
Feb 4, 2023
Messages
3

Recently my ebike has completely stopped working. I have tested and checked the controller, motor, lcd screen, throttle, and all the wires. Inside the battery case there is a yellow disc connected in between a red wire and the red wire goes from the charging port into the battery cells, and when I opened up the battery case this yellow disc was shattered in half. I’m unsure what this component does and what it’s called. If anyone could tell me what exactly it does and how to fix it that would be great please.
 
Interesting.
Welcome to our humble home by the way :cool:

Temp sensor? Disc Thermister?

Have you connected the wires?

What brand Bike and Battery?
 
What brand Bike and Battery?
It is a full sus broad man home made ebike. Not sure what brand battery but it’s 52v 13amps

image.jpg
 
View attachment 7455
Recently my ebike has completely stopped working. I have tested and checked the controller, motor, lcd screen, throttle, and all the wires. Inside the battery case there is a yellow disc connected in between a red wire and the red wire goes from the charging port into the battery cells, and when I opened up the battery case this yellow disc was shattered in half. I’m unsure what this component does and what it’s called. If anyone could tell me what exactly it does and how to fix it that would be great please.
Also when I turn it on the second I let go of the on button it turns off and only shows 8.8v
 
It looks like it's a MOV, metal oxide varistor. I replaced a few in my job as electronic tech over the years. They are used in both AC and DC circuits to protect against voltage spikes. You stated it's between the charging port and the battery. If that's the case then you would need a MOV rated for at least 60 volts. If you do replace it be careful when you hook up the charger and monitor everything while charging.
 
That is called PolySwitch, a resettable fuse. It will cost you a couple of dollars from any eletronics component shop. try to match to current and type as it is printed on the body
 
Hey, did you find this post in hopes of solving a problem YOU are having? Well, unfortunately, the OP did not give a crap about helping anyone but themselves, and so never bothered to post back with the end result of how he solved his problem.

Remember to update.
 
Back
Top