Help with upgrade

clausdk

Local time
1:01 PM
Hey! :)

I have a electrical bike and the display stopped working and had to replace it.

A little bit about the bike:

162851070_0_S_220_320.jpg

It's X-ZITE 24v Bike with 10ah battery with a motor at the front wheel. (I'll take a few picture of the motor tomorrow)

Old Controller:
old_controller.jpg

The only sensor the bike have is this located at the crank:
old_speedsensor.jpg

After a bit of reading I bought this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001331228634.html (Model: 24V 36V 250W 350W)
new_controller.jpg

The new controller came with a S866 display:
images

The motor does not have a hall sensor(as far as I know). I can only see the 3 phase wires.

So far I've managed to get it spinning with the 3 phase connectors and the sensor connected to PAS, but I'm not getting a lot of power out of it.
I was wondering if anyone knows how/what parameters' we need to change in the s866 display or advice where we might find it?

Thanks.

//clausdk

Attachments

• old_contoller_manual.pdf
    480 KB · Views: 123
Howdy I bought an S866 display and the parameters are very similiar to the M5 Screen. (My ebike was originally an M5)When you said you have diplay on did you change the PAS settings since it defaults to PAS1 (slow)can you change to PAS 5? I you can change to PAS 5 and try the speed? Thanks

Howdy I bought an S866 display and the parameters are very similiar to the M5 Screen. (My ebike was originally an M5)When you said you have diplay on did you change the PAS settings since it defaults to PAS1 (slow)can you change to PAS 5? I you can change to PAS 5 and try the speed? Thanks
Howdy! Thanks for the reply. I tried setting it to 12 like, since its a 12 magnet sensor, but it seems it just gives the same result. It does seem the faster you step in the peddles the faster the motor goes, so I'm guesss it has something to do with the settings or the sensor. Maybe I should try and buy a new sensor.

here is a video that shows all the parameters for that display https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSbDzuEtqrI

its probably something to do with the P5,and P9 and or p10 settings which would be the number of PAS

Tho here are some defaults from another bike that someone posted in the comments section to give you an idea what the settings are. tho yours will be different on the voltage and amps for your bike.

P01: 2 (Display brightness)​

P02: 0 (Km or miles)​

P03: 36 (Nominal voltage)​

P04: 10 (auto sleep timer minutes)​

P05: 0 ( power assisted mode )​

P06: 20 (wheel diameter)​

P07: 1 (number magnets motor)​

P08: 25 (speed limit, increase to 44 for max speed)​

P09: 0. (non zero start, 0= no pedal needed)​

P10: 2. (drive mode, electric, assisted or normal bike)​

P11: 2. (assist delay since pedaling started)​

P12: 3. (Strength of acceleration)​

P13: 12 (PAS sensor)​

P14: 15 (controller current limit)​

P15: 29 (battery controller voltage limit)​

P16: 0 (reset odometer, km to 0= new bike)​

P17: 0 (cruise control) P18: 100 (Display range adjust)​

P19: 0 (0 gear assisted) P20: 0 (controller communication mode)​

So far I've managed to get it spinning with the 3 phase connectors and the sensor connected to PAS, but I'm not getting a lot of power out of it.
I was wondering if anyone knows how/what parameters' we need to change in the s866 display or advice where we might find it?

Try and see what the P14: (controller current limit) setting is at. the default for that display is just 12 amps. Try bumping it up some more even tho your controller only will allow 13 AMPS MAX PEAK CURRANT. IT WILL NOT HURT IF YOU SET THE DISPLAY TO HIGHER THEN 13 BEING YOUR CONTROLLER WILL STILL NOT ALLOW MORE THEN 13A. BUT EVEN IF THE DISPLAY IS SET TO THE DEFAULT OF 12AMP THATS STILL RUFFLY 8% LESS THAN YOUR CONTROLLER WILL HANDLE.​

Back