flying insects

Detectorguy

Local time
6:11 PM
While biking I got hit with a wall of flying insects in the face and was wondering what you all do to help with this ?
I must have hit over 1000 insects in a foot of travel.

Eye protection is about all you need.
Extra protein that eventually will replace cattle for meat, eat up.

Eye protection is about all you need.
Extra protein that eventually will replace cattle for meat, eat up.
I'd prefer to eat stray cats and dogs and birds, pigeons and crows are bountiful lol

Pretty sure right here in our country we could have plenty of food if people would not be so thin skinned and weird.

There is a part of the summer season in Central California, in the spring before the heat kills them off, where no-see-ums swarm in columns almost like little tornadoes . Without a mask, if you are pedaling for exercise and need to breathe hard, you have to develop a weird kind of mouth-breathing where your head is kept down, eyes up and you suck in your lower lip so your upper lip forms a forward barrier to the bugs that otherwise have a straight shot down your throat. A mustache is a very handy barrier to ingestion but needs cleaning afterwards.

I took this pic on Easter Sunday in 2020. The mask had nothing to do with covid and everything to do with keeping the bugs off of my face/nose/mouth. The sunglasses are a wraparound style so the little fokkers don't hit my eyes thru the hole in the nose bridge. In severe heat, I soak the thing in water to keep from baking behind it.

The scarf is the super thin headwrap style that is stretchy and worn like a tube around my neck, pulled up to just hit the bottom of my glasses. Here is a link. Zillions of different styles.

IMG_20200412_141911.jpg

EDIT: I see you are in Sac so we have exactly the same summer climate and bugs. This pic was taken in Fresno.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back