EuroRider from Romania!

EuroRider

Local time
6:54 AM
Hey guys I'm the EuroRider from Romania!

I'm 34 and sharing an Giant Explore E+ 1 GTS with my Cousin. It is lots of fun to ride and I was very surprised how huge the difference is to a regular push bike!

I recently made a fun montage of my riding the Explore through my small town in romania!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipjWUtVQCxw

Welcome, from southeast Wisconsin, USA!

Yes, they're a lot of fun. I don't know how you can share one with your cousin; aren't you always fighting over who gets to take it? I saved your video; will watch it later.

Thanks a lot!

We don't really have the money to have one bike each. We swap every second weekend on who rides it.

Maybe if the economy goes back to something more stable then we can both have our own bike.

Is it worth unlocking the bike? A friend of mine can do it for a small price.

Thanks a lot!

We don't really have the money to have one bike each. We swap every second weekend on who rides it.

Maybe if the economy goes back to something more stable then we can both have our own bike.

Is it worth unlocking the bike? A friend of mine can do it for a small price.
Yes, it is worth unlocking the bike. Do an internet search first on how to do it. Usually, it doesn't require anything special, just holding down a combination of buttons or entering a combination of buttons.

I think you're limited to 25 kph assisted there, which is 15.5 mph. Our slowest (Class 1) eBikes here limit assistance to 20 mph, which is 32 kph. Your range will suffer, but you will be able to keep up with traffic better. It's also more fun. I don't think police can give you a problem unless they borrow the bike themselves to confirm it assists past 25 kph.

By the way, we have a three class system here in the USA:

Class 1: Pedal assist only. Assistance limited to 20 mph. (32 kph)
Class 2: Pedal assist or throttle. Electric power limited to 20 mph. (32 kph)
Class 3: Pedal assist or throttle. Electric power under throttle is limited to 20 mph, electric assist under throttle is limited to 28 mph. (45 kph)

It's hard to enforce and our police generally have better things to do, so there are a lot of outlaw eBikes here. A common violation is a bike that will do 28-35 mph (45-56 kph) under throttle only. If someone was doing that on a multi-use path "bike trail" around pedestrians, they would probably be ticketed.

Back