Engwe M20 - Derailer Hanger thread gone.

BillyWiz

Local time
12:51 PM
I recently purchased an Engwe M20 Dual from a UK Supplier named ElectroHeads just yesterday.

After doing around 25 miles so far, I noticed the chain was not changing gears properly and decided to go to my local bike shop for an inspection.

Upon the inspection, they saw that the Derailer hanger was stripped and needed a replacement. The screw which held the hanger on is very loose and unable to tighten or loosen because of this. They concluded that the hanger would need to be replaced and have advised to not ride the bike until doing so.

Where can I get this spare part from, please? This is a brand new bike only received yesterday after waiting almost a month and a half for its arrival, just for the chain to essentially become useless until its repair.

I would love to get this repaired and replaced as soon as possible. If anyone has links as to where I can buy a replacement derailer hanger somewhere that would be great! I have already contacted Engwe support but hoping to find a link where I can pay for faster shipping so I can ride my bike properly as soon as possible.

Hey Welcome to the forums mate! :cool:

If it's a 7 speed i'm sure you can go to any bike shop and get one there.

Does the old ne have a name on it?

Hey Welcome to the forums mate! :cool:

If it's a 7 speed i'm sure you can go to any bike shop and get one there.

Does the old ne have a name on it?
Thanks! Good to be here :)

The bike shop said that because it was a certain type of frame, I won't be able to use any old derailer hanger. Any idea what I could do? and yes, its the 6-7 speed shimano.

In particular, it is this bolt which turns indefinitely.

Attachments

• IMG_3895.png
    IMG_3895.png
    780.2 KB · Views: 79
ok.....can you get me the model number and anything else it says on the derailure please

I apologize - from your photo - the "wire loop" is called a Derailleur Guard - and I have attached a different/mtb photo for better clarity for you..

The Hex "Bolt" screw into the Derailleur Hangar behind it.

You need to "expose" the Derailleur Hangar to identify its shape to order a close replacement from AmazonUK.

CLICK HERE REPLACEMENT DERAILLEUR HANGARS AMAZON UK

Attachments

• Derailleur Guard UK.jpg
    Derailleur Guard UK.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 80
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back