ebike won’t reach max speed

ELITESCALD

Local time
2:00 PM
Hello there,
I've owned my e-bike for a while now, and recently realized that you cannot go faster than 24 km/h. The bicycle features a brose mid-drive motor from Fischer, as shown in the picture. You can also take a look at the green bike in the image. Although it has a mid-drive motor, its top speed is restricted, according to the display. I'm curious if there's a way to increase the speed, as the motor itself seems capable of more. Any ideas on how to resolve this? Just to clarify, removing the sensor located in the rear wheel prevents the motor from functi
1337.jpg
oning altogether.

Hello there,
I've owned my e-bike for a while now, and recently realized that you cannot go faster than 24 km/h. The bicycle features a brose mid-drive motor from Fischer, as shown in the picture. You can also take a look at the green bike in the image. Although it has a mid-drive motor, its top speed is restricted, according to the display. I'm curious if there's a way to increase the speed, as the motor itself seems capable of more. Any ideas on how to resolve this? Just to clarify, removing the sensor located in the rear wheel prevents the motor from functiView attachment 13595oning altogether.
Have you asked the dealer where you bought the bike, that would be my first stop when trying to find out about this.

Have you asked the dealer where you bought the bike, that would be my first stop when trying to find out about this.
Actually, the dealer had as much limited knowledge of the subject matter as I did. Since the dealership didn't prove helpful, I wanted to seek some advice from experts in the field. Based on your opinion, is there anything to eliminate the speed restriction on the e-bike?

Sorry, I do not know what NA-East means, although since you use km rather than miles I guess you are not based in the US, correct?

I think you mean that the motor assist is limited to 24 km/h, which is almost the legal speed for ebikes in the EU, that is 25. If you search the internet there are a lot of tools and ways to remove the speed limit, but just keep in mind that they are illegal in the EU and - theoretically - you could be fined, especially in countries like the Netherlands where they recently implemented speed checks on the side of the roads https://electrek.co/2024/02/13/dutc...to-test-e-bike-power-on-the-side-of-the-road/

By the way, I was just looking for a Fisher, as this is one of the two brands available on my little island... At the end I purchased a Trek but it was a good alternative, actually.

Sorry, I do not know what NA-East means, although since you use km rather than miles I guess you are not based in the US, correct?

I think you mean that the motor assist is limited to 24 km/h, which is almost the legal speed for ebikes in the EU, that is 25. If you search the internet there are a lot of tools and ways to remove the speed limit, but just keep in mind that they are illegal in the EU and - theoretically - you could be fined, especially in countries like the Netherlands where they recently implemented speed checks on the side of the roads https://electrek.co/2024/02/13/dutc...to-test-e-bike-power-on-the-side-of-the-road/

By the way, I was just looking for a Fisher, as this is one of the two brands available on my little island... At the end I purchased a Trek but it was a good alternative, actually.
Indeed, the motor assist is currently limited to 24 km/h, quite close to the legal speed limit of 25 km/h for most e-bikes in the EU. Although I know that removing the speed limit may be illegal in the EU, I still prefer to lift the speed restriction for enhanced safety and convenience while cycling. Safety is always my priority.

By the way, I agree that Trek is something fantastic. I'm glad you shared your experience – that's interesting.

I searched the internet once more again but couldn't find anything for my e-bike model. Are there safer alternatives to remove that speed limit/restriction to boost safety and my convenience? I’d appreciate your help tailored to my e-bike model. Let me know if anyone has found something that might meet my needs.

can you tell us the exact model of your ebike?
A Fischer e-bike with a brose mid-drive motor, as displayed in the picture linked above. I have double-checked, and my e-bike model is not specified anywhere on the bike itself or in the manual.

Does your hand book not give you a clue or guidance to this.

If yours is anything like mine it will tell you what restricts the speed, then you go into your display unit to that value and over ride the restriction.

ie. My Paselec GS9 e-bike is said to have a top speed of 40km/h (25mph) but after the restriction was removed will do 34mph on the flat.

I searched the internet once more again but couldn't find anything for my e-bike model. Are there safer alternatives to remove that speed limit/restriction to boost safety and my convenience? I’d appreciate your help tailored to my e-bike model. Let me know if anyone has found something that might meet my needs.
Did you do a search on Youtube for reviews of your model? Sometimes the reviewers will go into the unlock procedures.

A Fischer e-bike with a brose mid-drive motor, as displayed in the picture linked above. I have double-checked, and my e-bike model is not specified anywhere on the bike itself or in the manual.
Thats seems very odd. Again the selling dealer should have the model information on the invoice from the people he bought the bike from I would think.

Have you tried contacting the Fischer company directly, provide them with the picture you have posted here to get more information on your bike. I looked that their web site there is no bike there that looks like yours. You may have been sold an old model or a counterfeit bike. I would push the selling dealer for information or make them take the bike back.

There is a usually a controller setting for that. Many ebikes have one to change, although I don't know for sure with that model.

1709988777216.png

The Fischer manual says it cannot be changed. But, if this is similar to your bike, I'd try it anyway - just to be sure they didn't state that only to be able to sell it. Might still be actually changeable.

It's interesting that the law in some countries is for a max of 25kph = 15.5mph. In the U.S., the max is 20mph.

Does your hand book not give you a clue or guidance to this.

If yours is anything like mine it will tell you what restricts the speed, then you go into your display unit to that value and over ride the restriction.

ie. My Paselec GS9 e-bike is said to have a top speed of 40km/h (25mph) but after the restriction was removed will do 34mph on the flat.
I do not have a "hand book".

Back