Ebike sensor - pedal assist cuts in and out

Diggerman

Local time
6:47 AM
Ive just bought a cheap bike so I can take my dog for a walk. It's pretty good except the pedal assist is a little erratic. It cuts in and out as your pedalling I've noticed it's installed on the right hand side behind the crank I dont know if that's correct or not. Id like to know could I move over to the left side if I get a new sensor thanks

Sounds like your bike uses a cadence sensor. This only measures if you are pedalling rather than how hard you are pedalling:

Sounds like your bike uses a cadence sensor. This only measures if you are pedalling rather than how hard you are pedalling:

I've now just sorted this problem the sensor was to far away from the magnet the bike now works perfect thanks for your help

I've now just sorted this problem the sensor was to far away from the magnet the bike now works perfect thanks for your help
Just for future reference, it needs to be no farther than 2mm away from the magnets.

Then you have the enclosed PAS sensors that ya dunt have to worry aboot, like on the aventon avennture.

Back