Display will not come on - Paselec ebike

dustcap

Local time
6:39 PM
Hi

I bought a paselec bike about two years ago, I only road it for the first year with great pleasure, it has been stored for the last year, now I am ready to ride it again the display will not come on, I put the battery on charge over night but nothing has changed, do you know what the problem is please.

All the best

Attachments

• Paselec  bike.jpg
    Paselec bike.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 15
Hi

I bought a paselec bike about two years ago, I only road it for the first year with great pleasure, it has been stored for the last year, now I am ready to ride it again the display will not come on, I put the battery on charge over night but nothing has changed, do you know what the problem is please.

All the best
Battery probably is bad. I would check voltage of the battery with a volt meter.

How can the voltage checked, there are 4 connections on the bottom of the battery without any markings to say what they are.

Attachments

• paselec battery (1).JPG
    paselec battery (1).JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 24
  • paselec battery (2).JPG
    paselec battery (2).JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 27
You stored it fully charged, didn't you dustcap? :cautious:

You might have to wrap paper clips around the tips of your multimeter probes to use them as tips to get into the small contact openings. (they're designed small to prevent against accidental shorts, but then regular multimeter probe tips will not fit)

Make sure the leads are plugged into the voltage inputs on your meter. Set the meter to VDC or V with the DC symbol. (a dotted line over a solid line) If you have an analog meter, set a high voltage range, in case you get polarity backwards, you won't damage the meter.

Please let us know what you find.

Thank you all.
Yes I did store it away fully charged albeit by habit of recharging the battery every time I get home from a ride. I was not aware that the battery was to be fully discharged when stored.
After my initial charging of the battery that did not turn the display on I started looking for what might be alternative problems, I noticed that the charging plug was a bit spongy when pushing it into the battery socket, so I took the end of the battery off and found the socket was barely hanging on to the casing and was coming away from the plug when pushed in, so I superglued the socket back into place and put the battery back on charge making sure that there is a proper connection.

Attachments

• charging plug & battery socket.JPG
    charging plug & battery socket.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 24
Battery does not need to be fully discharged when stored.

I have had a couple of occasions, after lack of use, where it wouldn't power on. I found it to be the key mechanism. And turn it back and forth again got me a good connection.

After the small repair I did I put the battery on charge and several hours later the display unit came on, so it would appear that the charging plug was not making full contact with the battery.

I hope this will be of use should anyone else have a similar problem.

Attachments

• info display now working.JPG
    info display now working.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 22
Back