Corroded a New Chamrider E-bike Battery and Warranty Lie

nad

Local time
3:02 AM
Hi everyone,

I bought a Chamrider 48V18.6AH ebike battery on the last black friday from Aliexpress(their official seller). Since I decided to buy it during the black friday deals, unfortunately, I couldn't pay enough attention to research before buying it. Also, I didn't want to buy an expensive battery because I will use it for only one year. I'm posting this to warn others about Chamrider seller and looking for a way to fix it if it's possible.

Because of the long winter, I could have mounted it to use in April on my bike. I chose this brand because I saw good comments about the brand before buying it and they offer a 12-month warranty on the product page. Also, it has Samsung 29E cells.

When I wasn't using the battery, I checked the charge level from time to time and made sure it was above 50 percent. After the first full charge, it started to turn itself off after using it for a while. It got worse after each charge. It shuts down itself even just after a full charge now. I fully charged it 5-6 times only, it's no longer usable now.

When I mentioned about this to the seller, he only offered a discount for the new battery. But, when I mentioned that I recommended him to my supervisor for his bikes but stopped him because of the problem, he offered to send a new battery for free.

I also sent him the photos of the problem, the problem is some of the cells are corroded in the battery. This is causing the voltage imbalance, that group is 3.4v while others are 4v. I think the product waited too long time on the shelf. When it arrived, I did not open the battery because I had never opened a battery before and wasn't expecting this problem could happen on a new battery. So, I couldn't request a refund from Aliexpress because 15 days have passed since the delivery time.

By now, he said he sent the battery 2 separate times for free, but when I asked for the tracking number, he just stalled me. He never sent the new battery, he lied. He hasn't done anything so far for a solution. Then he asked me to pay the price difference for a new battery, and I accepted. After that, he increased the price difference and I accepted again. But he did nothing. Now, by stating that the similar battery(48V17.5AH) is out of stock, he tries to direct me to pay the price difference of much more expensive batteries that are too big/heavy for my bike I never need it. Also, in the meantime, he still kept asking me to buy 2 new batteries from him till now.

I have been in contact with the seller for about two months, but I could not get any results from the warranty. He only stalls me. I couldn't even use the battery I bought, my bike is unrideable due to the battery problem.

Seems like I wasted about 200$ for the battery. Is it possible to fix the battery by replacing corroded cells? If so, should I buy the same spec cells with Samsung 29E(I couldn't find it in stock)
Nominal Capacity: 2850mAh and Continuous Discharge Rating: 2.75A
photo1683334261.jpeg
photo1683334261 (1).jpeg

You never stated who this sellersx store is called. Old stock isn't news to me but his behaviour is. Always conduct conversations with seller by emails. If you bought this thru Amazon, I recall they can still protect you if the seller won't honor the warranty. Contact Amazon customer service and report them. Even if they clain they sent you a new battety, they are covered by insurance if delivery was lost. Amazon now uses gheir own delivery peolle and would have excellent records aboutcshipments made or Not made.

You never stated who this sellersx store is called. Old stock isn't news to me but his behaviour is. Always conduct conversations with seller by emails. If you bought this thru Amazon, I recall they can still protect you if the seller won't honor the warranty. Contact Amazon customer service and report them. Even if they clain they sent you a new battety, they are covered by insurance if delivery was lost. Amazon now uses gheir own delivery peolle and would have excellent records aboutcshipments made or Not made.
Sorry, I forgot that, it's "chamrider Official Store" on AliExpress. Unfortunately, I didn't buy it from Amazon, and AliExpress didn't help at all. The seller kept the communication as if mockingly way.

Back