Comparing Available 42t Offset Chainrings

1Tuna

Local time
5:20 PM
Why I had them out of the packaging I figured I could share some measurements.

Attachments

• Comparing 42t Offset Chainrings.pdf
    792.7 KB · Views: 26
Your 10mm measurement is to the inside lip of the chainring which is not to the center of the teeth. To be fair, every independent offset check uses this method too. Here is a very old source that worked out a variety of offsets and is a good resource to get *relative* values. But this is BBSHD only:

If you go to the Lekkie web site you will find a page for the BBS02 ring, and a link to the user guide where there is a dimensional guide.
ScrnShot_04-03-24_09.37 AM.JPG

I use a depth gauge on a set of metric calipers to do my measurements.

Very interesting that the Accolmile chainring (that is not Bafang btw) can eke out more offset than Lekkie does.

I use a Deruiz chainring on one of my bikes and its very similar to the Accolmile in its general look. Despite its visually enormous size it only provides about 15mm of offset vs. the Lekkie 18.3mm.

Worth noting: When you use thick chainrings you really need to buy longer M5 bolts to account for that loss of thread engagement. You have to also take into account the stock Bafang chainring is steel and thinner even than the Lekkie.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Wow! Mr. Robertson! You always have a wealth of information! I concede, I don't have the tool shop you do but my son does. If he saw my post he'd probably say "come on dad!" Oh well, just being Tuna. :cool:

Wow! Mr. Robertson! You always have a wealth of information! I concede, I don't have the tool shop you do but my son does. If he saw my post he'd probably say "come on dad!" Oh well, just being Tuna. :cool:
Hey Spock, would it be logical that if a noob earless Vulcan fish should avoid those rear small cogs while getting use to their DIY, might there be a way to prevent the chain from engaging them? Can the rear derailleur be adjusted to avoid those cogs? I'll take a shot at this.. shorten the shift cable?? Could always do the proper length later. But what about the shifter?
Here's the subject of my first non-Federation build with a BBS02 48V 19.2ah. Plan to add fenders/mudguards, hyd. disc brake kit, mirror, lights, bell and a set of tires featured in a mis-mentioned post yesterday. Just waiting for the 60's so I can have the garage door open and my playlist rockin'.

Attachments

• 240402 01 The Bike.jpg
    240402 01 The Bike.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 12
Hey Spock, would it be logical that if a noob earless Vulcan fish should avoid those rear small cogs while getting use to their DIY, might there be a way to prevent the chain from engaging them? Can the rear derailleur be adjusted to avoid those cogs? I'll take a shot at this.. shorten the shift cable?? Could always do the proper length later. But what about the shifter?
eek. Don't mess with the cable! :) There IS a generally accepted way to lock out derailleur cogs: Adjust the limit screws on the derailleur so it can't travel as far as it normally would.

While you are at it, this is an excellent tutorial on how to adjust your derailleur.

Once you know what all the little screws do, you will know whats needed to lock out a cog... which if it were me I would not do :) Learn to be cognizant of the gears you are in. When I forget, I steal a glance down and to the rear (my lawyers have advised me not to say that).

(y) Yes, I've watched that video. Used to ride motorcycles had the reflex to always downshift to slow down. That instinct will probably come back. Rode them for years until too many close calls and having a young family. Thanks, I will take your advice.

Building the Ultra charger from your post. Problem is I have a 3-pin XLR instead of the XT60. I submitted an inquiry to my battery provider about either sending me an adapter or swapping batteries so I have the XT60 connector and not have to use an adapter.
Also, did you see a post from 5 years ago about fake XT60 male and female plugs that do a melt down?

XT60's are made by all manner of companies. The genuine XT60 is made by Amass and is usually sold as such. I just ordered a bunch of XT60 pigtails with 14 ga wire for a pump I am building. They are not branded Amass so I am sure they are clones.

I've never had a problem with any of the dozens I have bought. Doesn't mean it can't happen but I would not say that just because something is not made by Amass doesn't mean anything. Just for starters if whoever made the pigtails did a crap job then it doesn't matter who made the actual connector.

Back in the day, 2-wire XLR pigtails that could be direct-fit to an xt60 could be bought from Luna. I see an XLR to XT60 adapter is available from HPC.

Thanks for the replies.
Yeah, I saw those, but the battery vendor I bought through said they would provide one if needed. As far as manufacturing, I would rather not buy a vehicle from a US plant if it was assembled on a Friday afternoon.
Just got the 2-part Ultra-Reliable Battery Charger all read with some notes as they pertain to a 48V battery. I had all the adhesive lined butt connectors, a supple 9' pigtail from a HF heat gun, adhesive lined shrink tube, and auto wire strippers. I will pay special attention to your words of safety when doing calibrations on the Mean Well HLG-185H-54A. Did you clear that doc with your attorneys? ;) I know from experience that signed waiver do very little for protection, only puts a bit of hesitation in the mind of the pursuer.
Almost time for the Iowa game, the team, not just Caitlin! She's the best thing that ever happened in this state! Wait a minute, besides my birth! :D
Stay cool! :cool:

Back