36T chainring for BBS02 with about 5mm offset?

larkasaur

Local time
7:59 AM
Is there a 36T chainring for the BBS02 (500W) available that has about 5mm offset? Narrow-wide, preferably.
The offset being the distance (towards the bike frame), between the surface of the chainring that contacts the motor, and the center of a chain that's on the chainring.
I saw one that claims to have a 10mm offset, made by Risun Motor. That one might be usable with a spacer. But if anyone knows more about various options, I'd like to hear about them. Thanks :)

Nothing smaller than 40T can give you any amount of offset thanks to the secondary housing. There's just nowhere to go. Even the Lekkie BBS02 at 36T is only going to get you -0.8mm. That is a narrow-wide and best of breed. The Lekkie BBS02 28T is -1.8mm, interestingly.

Using a Lekkie replacement motor cover to allow you to go down to 40T, you can get 7-11mm of offset, but it is an expensive option that is more work than just changing a chainring.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Its a combined listing for both 36 and 42t rings A 42T ring with 10mm offset, that looks (in the listing) and sounds just right. I saw another off-brand advertising a 36T 02 ring and it doesn't look as if it has much offset if any.

Back