Battery thoughts

Charliebride881016

Local time
6:14 PM
Hello ebike enthusiast...
First time posting over here..
So I have a veloctric nomad...
My battery is 48v 14.4ah (IDK wat the the amos for the bms) a stock controller that has a 20 amp current limit and a 750w motor...
My battery life is on the end and I recently acquired a new battery 48v 15ah wit a 30 amp bms...
My first question is will this new battery destroy by stock controller bcuz of the amps and
Next question the best way to install I'm having a little trouble here...
All advice is good advice for me rn if u want pics and vids pls lmk I'm struggling over here

Your new battery won't hurt your bike. Since your controller is 20 amp, that's all the new battery will be subjected to. The new battery will have an easier life than the original.

Your new battery not hurt your bike. Since your controller is 20 amp, that's all the new battery will subjected to. The new battery will have an easier life than the original.
Ok ty...I was rly worried bout that bcuz I've been tryna get a good understanding bout power electronics and from what I've read they've always said to match the battery and the controller...

And what bout my next question

Is your new battery made specifically for your bike? If not, you're going to need to post some pictures of what you have.

No it's made for it...my original battery is a integrated down tube and the new one is one of those battery packs that u can install on the water bottle section...

Attachments

• IMG_20240313_112030977_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240313_112030977_HDR.jpg
    357 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20240401-140656.png
    Screenshot_20240401-140656.png
    434.2 KB · Views: 14
The problem that I'm having is that I have a step through n its too long for that particular area for the water bottle n on the downtube its the same width as the frame itself...
I was thinking I'ma have to cover that area wit a sheet of metal and a rubber pad n rivet them together wit the downtube to lock it in place

I'm in the process of getting a rear rack...I'm waiting on the shipment...
I was tryna find another to keep all of my parts in the center of the bike

My battery is 48v 14.4ah (IDK wat the the amos for the bms) a stock controller that has a 20 amp current limit and a 750w motor...
My battery life is on the end and I recently acquired a new battery 48v 15ah wit a 30 amp bms...
My first question is will this new battery destroy by stock controller bcuz of the amps and
All advice is good advice for me rn if u want pics and vids pls lmk I'm struggling over here
I'm using a 48v 28ah 50 amp bms battery pack with my stock 2 x 48v 25 amp controllers without any issues. My previous battery was a 48v 20ah with a 40 amp bms. The new 28ah is rated at 2,400w so works perfectly with my lankeleisi mg740. A previous battery that I had running on my DIY 1000w rear hub ran a 48v 16ah with a 30 amp bms. A higher bms (amps) usually means higher quality cells, less heat generated & a battery that last a tad longer, if used in accordance with the manufacturers guidance

I have a velotric discovery (was a piece of junk when I bought it new-every thing but the battery has been replaced). I haven't taken the battery apart yet but often when you open the case you will see a set of cells wrapped in blue plastic. If you can find the same size package of cells often you can just swap out the battery part that is plastic wrapped. Otherwise I would go with putting it on the rear rack.

There's no need to worry the higher ah of the new battery won't be effected by your controller. If you had a 48v 40amp controller (2,000w) & a 48v 30ah bms, then you'd have problems.

Back