Battery size

Wirescare

Local time
7:59 AM
Hi all, I built a 4 wheel drive cart with 48v 1000 watt motors, looking for size of battery needed to run this, it’s meant for picking berries so it will move slowly and is solar charged.

Hi all, I built a 4 wheel drive cart with 48v 1000 watt motors, looking for size of battery needed to run this, it’s meant for picking berries so it will move slowly and is solar charged.
Let's see some pics of this beast! Welcome to the group.

Attachments

• IMG_5785.jpeg
    IMG_5785.jpeg
    283.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5786.jpeg
    IMG_5786.jpeg
    325.7 KB · Views: 18
That looks fun! What are you doing for controllers, are you using 1 controller or 4 controllers? What amperage controllers?

Nice build. I like it. Great work.

That looks fun! What are you doing for controllers, are you using 1 controller or 4 controllers? What amperage controllers?

Nice build. I like it. Great work.
I used 1 controller for each motor, being very new at this I ordered a few different parts than the video I watched used. The 1000watt controllers are 40A +/-1A. I’m guessing this is why my 10ah battery isn’t working properly as it’s got a 35A bms obit but not confident

I used 1 controller for each motor, being very new at this I ordered a few different parts than the video I watched used. The 1000watt controllers are 40A +/-1A. I’m guessing this is why my 10ah battery isn’t working properly as it’s got a 35A bms obit but not confident
Yeah I'm guessing your right. I bet you are right at the limits of that battery BMS. What symptoms are you having. What's your problem? Runs a short bit & then shuts down?

Yeah I'm guessing your right. I bet you are right at the limits of that battery BMS. What symptoms are you having. What's your problem? Runs a short bit & then shuts down?
With all 4 off ground I can get full throttle all 4 under load it pops within inches, I disconnected 2 rear motors and made it about 20ft before it stopped.

What size wire are you using for your controller power wire & ground? Where are the controllers mounted in relation to the wheels. Close by or miles of wire?

Thanks.

gonna need alot of big battery wow!
interesting...so with 4 different batteries for each wheel and controller...could you do something with all
throttle fixtures to use them all at once?

Pretty neat project and Welcome to the forums! :cool:

could possibly try to turn each controller current/amp down to 8 if you can get into those setting types.

gonna need alot of big battery wow!
interesting...so with 4 different batteries for each wheel and controller...could you do something with all
throttle fixtures to use them all at once?

Pretty neat project and Welcome to the forums! :cool:
Am I thinking wrong, but wouldn't he need a battery with a 160amp BMS rating?

could possibly try to turn each controller current/amp down to 8 if you can get into those setting types.
I could open one up to look at board but unsure of process or what to look for. I have looked at 48v golf cart batteries with a 1000$ cost which is possible but not sure if the amp draw is to high. I can use low speed on the controller to reduce amperage some.

I could open one up to look at board but unsure of process or what to look for. I have looked at 48v golf cart batteries with a 1000$ cost which is possible but not sure if the amp draw is to high. I can use low speed on the controller to reduce amperage some.
You should be able to do it thru your display.

The aliexpress controllers I bought are pretty primitive tech. The wiring is basic
ARE they brushless controllers with a low voltage cutoff or LVC for short. Should be no lower than 40volts if it's on the controller. Got pics of the controller specs. Also pics of the display would help.
Thanks.

I would change the controllers to much lower max amp models. Then buy and many batteries as you can afford and wire them in Parallel. I think you made a mistake buying 1000w direct drive motors, but that still may work out if you can get the controller/BMS specs in line.

Back