Battery advice

Cavemann

Local time
10:54 AM
Hi, I'm building a two wheel drive (hub motors) mountain bike for off-road, from a Pinnacle Lithium 3 frame.
I've got the rims/motors, controllers, display and throttle etc. I just need a battery.
I'm planning for a 48v 15-20Ah battery to sit as low as possible between the down-tube and seat tube.
I've heard that the individual cell make/type can play a big part in how well suited the battery is to an ebike, but I've got no real understanding of this, and looking online I don't know how to tell where to buy a good quality one.
Can anyone advise a good pre-made battery that will work well for my project?

I've used quite a few different brands and for Me...it's these batteries that have been good to me in my twisted little mind LOL

If it were me, and this is just my own opinion....
I'd go for something with at least 30ah on up to 45ah for a battery, but i like alot of saddle time ;)

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I've used quite a few different brands and for Me...it's these batteries that have been good to me in my twisted little mind LOL

If it were me, and this is just my own opinion....
I'd go for something with at least 30ah on up to 45ah for a battery, but i like alot of saddle time ;)
Thanks. I've checked in the UK but can't seem to find btrpower batteries here. Probably not worth getting them shipped over due to delivery charge...

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I'm currently looking at the following:
It claims to give 45A constant discharge, which is significantly more than I need, but good to have some overhead right.

Any advice pros/cons would be appreciated.
the constant discharge rate is different than the amount of total amp hours the battery can hold. The constant discharge rate is from the battery bms. and yes its better to have one that can let you get more power out of the battery whenever your motor needs bursts of power and also the higher the BMS constant discharge rate the less you will be maxing it out and causing it to fail. and its better to have a BMS that has a bigger output than you need as opposed to one that is underrated

also, the BMS and the quality along with what quality cells are in the battery pack is also important factor in a battery.

the constant discharge rate is different than the amount of total amp hours the battery can hold. The constant discharge rate is from the battery bms. and yes its better to have one that can let you get more power out of the battery whenever your motor needs bursts of power and also the higher the BMS constant discharge rate the less you will be maxing it out and causing it to fail. and its better to have a BMS that has a bigger output than you need as opposed to one that is underrated

also, the BMS and the quality along with what quality cells are in the battery pack is also important factor in a battery.
Thanks, good to know.

I bought a UPP battery from AliExpress and it has been out standing.I got it with 21700 cells and it will deliver 1400 watts to the motor.That 35 mph on motor 40 pedaling.I only did that to find out what it was capable of

Back