Any VELOTRIC users?

If you own a Velotric I'd love to hear your experience and your Pros & Cons, and what do you think of the company overall.

Thanks,
Senior_Cruiser
I have a Nomad 1 and a Go 1. Love both but would like to upgrade the Go 1 to a 750w motor. Wondering if the Packer 1 rear wheel would work. I got it priced from Velotric at just under $300. I've had good customer service with Velotric.
20231209_120114 (PH).jpg
:cool:(y)

I have a Velotric T1 ST medium frame. Overall, the bike is well-designed and well-executed. Seems very robust and sturdy. The brakes are excellent, as is the derailleur. I do have a few issues with it, however. 1. The system for mounting your phone (to be used as a bike computer) is inadequate, at best. Mine failed after 2 rides. Luckily, when my phone dropped to the ground I was walking the bike on a dirt trail, so no harm. 2. The supplied saddle is not comfortable. I think they were trying to minimize cost and weight, and that’s fine. I can always upgrade this component. 3. I ordered the fenders and they do not fit properly. They have holes in the wrong place, the front fender tends to rub on the wheel, etc. A minor issue but still annoying. 4. My only real “complaint” is with the programming of the pedal assist. All levels of pedal assist work well when cycling on level ground. However, when you are going uphill, the assistance tends to pulse on and off. I wish they could update the software to provide a more steady assistance going uphill. After all, this is when you really need assistance. One more note- some have complained about the lack of shock absorption. To me this is unnecessary as this bike is not intended for trail riding. Also, I love the factory tires. Just the right width, and they seem very strong. So, not a perfect bike but still very good, especially at its price point.

I have a Velotric T1 ST medium frame. Overall, the bike is well-designed and well-executed. Seems very robust and sturdy. The brakes are excellent, as is the derailleur. I do have a few issues with it, however. 1. The system for mounting your phone (to be used as a bike computer) is inadequate, at best. Mine failed after 2 rides. Luckily, when my phone dropped to the ground I was walking the bike on a dirt trail, so no harm. 2. The supplied saddle is not comfortable. I think they were trying to minimize cost and weight, and that’s fine. I can always upgrade this component. 3. I ordered the fenders and they do not fit properly. They have holes in the wrong place, the front fender tends to rub on the wheel, etc. A minor issue but still annoying. 4. My only real “complaint” is with the programming of the pedal assist. All levels of pedal assist work well when cycling on level ground. However, when you are going uphill, the assistance tends to pulse on and off. I wish they could update the software to provide a more steady assistance going uphill. After all, this is when you really need assistance. One more note- some have complained about the lack of shock absorption. To me this is unnecessary as this bike is not intended for trail riding. Also, I love the factory tires. Just the right width, and they seem very strong. So, not a perfect bike but still very good, especially at its price point.
Welcome to the forums! :cool:

CTK - Seattle. I'm a 75 yr old grandpa in N Seattle. For the past 2 months I have been trying in vain to find a T1 ST to ride & see if it fits in the back of my Kia Niro before buying. Any chance we could meet up somewhere so check those two things out - maybe a Greggs Bike shop?
I don't see any options here for PM so I gonna take a chance & leave my phone number: 360-739-5073. Thanks!

Try this link to his msgs.. Welcome to the forums, by the way! :cool:
Also when you hover your cursor over his name you will see a "Start Private Message" button ;)

Hello CTK Seattle: Thanks for the post on your T1- ST. I'm a 75 yr old grandpa living in N Seattle and considering my 1st e-bike. I've have been trying in vain to find a shop any where near that has a T1 ST in stock so I could see how it fits me and if it fits in the back of my Kia Niro. I'd really appreciate it if you were willing to meet up somewhere (Gregg Bikes?) and I could take a quick spin on your bike & do a test fit in my car. I sent you a Private message with my phone number. Thanks !

I have a Nomad 1 and I love it! The Nomad 2 will soon be released. Here's a Friends and Family 15% off code for any Velotric ebike: VI2X2F2 (second character is "eye", not "one"). I do not work for Velotric and I don't received any sort of payment.

Hi, I am 65 and had a T1 ST for over a year. So far there’s no issue and I love it. It helps me ride further and go over the bridge with easy. I plan to upgrade with 650b wheels and ebike tires. Anyone done that? Welcome any suggestion.

Attachments

• IMG_0184.jpeg
    IMG_0184.jpeg
    286.9 KB · Views: 6
Regarding the tire upgrade: are you doing that for a large volume tire/ smoother ride or ???
Going to run them with tubes or without?
Why are you upgrading the wheels?

This 75 yr old is seriously considering the T1 ST. I'm still trying to locate on in my area that I can test ride & see if it fits in the back of my hatchback. If I get one, I will probably go to larger tires, an adjustable stem w Redshift Shockstop system for stem & seat. I have those in my Specialized Sirrus Carbon Comp & the really smooth out the ride.
Regardless, I will look forward to hearing how your upgrades affect the overall feel of the bike.

Hi EVDan,
Before this I was riding gravel bike also upgraded to 650b which is slightly smaller than the 700 currently on the bike.
I can’t really explain the difference just make me feel more confident, maybe because I’m 5’4 tall (can’t fit T1).
I am riding bike to get some exercise therefore I want to able to ride both trail and paved while the stock tires are for street.
There are much better bikes, but this one definitely fit me both size and my wallet.
If the regular road bike fit in your car so it will, but it doesn’t come with quick release that you easy remove the front wheel.

Yes, no doubt there are better bikes but every review on the T1 is a rave & the 36lb weight is a real plus for use older riders both in terms of riding & loading / unloading. Priced under $1,400 allows so room for customizing to individual needs & still keeping it under $2K. It's not likely I'm gonna wear out an Ebike quickly by riding thousands of miles every year!

That is an interesting comment regarding pulsing assist while hill climbing. As condo residence on second floor with a winding stairwell, I'm consider a lighter ebike as my first. I tried a Trek FX + 2 at LBS but they did not have any Velotrics to compare. The Trek was "ok" but stated range is poor unless you wish to buy a $500 extender battery. But as I live in a hilly area, I find the hill climbing behavior to be concerning.

Anyone else have T1 ST comments?

Hi, I was telling someone over in the fat bikes and cruisers forum, I ride a Velotric Go1 and the Pas is set by speed and not wattage, so when ever you reach a certain speed it cuts out for a bit. It drives me crazy. The geometry and quality of the bike is very good but I know eventually I am going to tear out that controller for one that I can program. Ride1 Up has been coming out with controllers that make much better sense, although I think with Velotrics Discover2 they may have seen the light.

Just saw the post above about the Go1. You would have to change out the controller too, because if I'm remembering right, the Go1 controller says it's rated only for 17 amps. I don't think that will run a 750w motor.

That is an interesting comment regarding pulsing assist while hill climbing. As condo residence on second floor with a winding stairwell, I'm consider a lighter ebike as my first. I tried a Trek FX + 2 at LBS but they did not have any Velotrics to compare. The Trek was "ok" but stated range is poor unless you wish to buy a $500 extender battery. But as I live in a hilly area, I find the hill climbing behavior to be concerning.

Anyone else have T1 ST comments?
Velotric recently, last month, pushed firmware update addressing PAS issues. I’ve got it on my T1.

Back