Tools Locktite or Not?

Local time
7:58 AM
Waiting for my Velotric Go 1 to arrive, I watched the Unboxing and Assembly video which raised a question.

Should I or should I not use Locktite or other thread locking product on the nuts and bolts, and if so which nuts/bolts to use or not use?

What's your experience, do you use/not use and where?

Thanks

The most questionable bolt on a lot of eBikes is the one which holds the fender/headlight. Some people go old-school, and use a lock washer on that bolt, rather than Loctite. Keep in mind a lock washer has been the method of choice for those kinds of circumstances.

1. Loctite/type Blue Threadlockers are Old Gen Chemistry - VibraTite Blue threadlocker is New Gen Chemistry. Loctite/Type Blue - if you loosen or take off a fastener - "technically" you are to clean off the Old Threadlocker from the threads - and reapply Loctite/type Blue before you zip that fastener back up.
VibraTite the initial application - you can remover and reuse initial VBT 3-times befroe clean/reapply.

2. I suggest a well made mini-rachet set will be helpful for your eBika fasteners. This is one "good one" from Amazon. CLICK HERE AMAZON $14 MINI-RATCHET SET POLISHED

3. You use Medium Strength Threadlocker (Blue) for Fasteners - whether Torx or Phillips etc

4. You use Dielectric Grease for electrical connection/connectors, lube seat post, and lube pedal threads before you screw them into the Crankz(you DO NOT USE threadlock on pedal threads). $8 from Lowes you can get 3oz life-time supply of Mil-Spec GUNK Silocone Dielectric Grease - which can also be used as Lube.

CLICK HERE $8 3OZ MIL-SPEC SILICONE DIELECTRIC GREASE LOWES

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
1. Loctite/type Blue Threadlockers are Old Gen Chemistry - VibraTite Blue threadlocker is New Gen Chemistry. Loctite/Type Blue - if you loosen or take off a fastener - "technically" you are to clean off the Old Threadlocker from the threads - and reapply Loctite/type Blue before you zip that fastener back up.
VibraTite the initial application - you can remover and reuse initial VBT 3-times befroe clean/reapply.

2. I suggest a well made mini-rachet set will be helpful for your eBika fasteners. This is one "good one" from Amazon. CLICK HERE AMAZON $14 MINI-RATCHET SET POLISHED

3. You use Medium Strength Threadlocker (Blue) for Fasteners - whether Torx or Phillips etc

4. You use Dielectric Grease for electrical connection/connectors, lube seat post, and lube pedal threads before you screw them into the Crankz(you DO NOT USE threadlock on pedal threads). $8 from Lowes you can get 3oz life-time supply of Mil-Spec GUNK Silocone Dielectric Grease - which can also be used as Lube.

CLICK HERE $8 3OZ MIL-SPEC SILICONE DIELECTRIC GREASE LOWES
I purchased that same mini-ratchet set from Amazon and when it arrived I immediately filed for a return. But before I got it packaged back up I had a bearing issue and used the set to disassemble the rear of my trike. At that point I was sold it’s now in my rear toolbox and where my trike goes so does that kit.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back