32v pack connected to a 52v pack with Y series conection cable

DarkZeus

Local time
12:24 AM
Can i connect a 52v battery with a 32v battery with a Y series conection type ( my controller can support high voltage) but don't know if is safe to do the Y series conection cable

Summary: No.

Massive current will flow from the 52 volt battery, desperately trying to raise the 32 volt battery up to 52 volts.
If you choose to do this, make a video of the "experience" for future generations.

Summary: No.

Massive current will flow from the 52 volt battery, desperately trying to raise the 32 volt battery up to 52 volts.
If you choose to do this, make a video of the "experience" for future generations.
I used it tbh 52v with 36v on series, it gave me 90v and i know that my controller can handle it since i have a 80A one..
I don't use electric brake since it recharges the battery just in case
Both batteries have voltage display so i can always monitor if the big one is charging the lil one.. ive even built a 3s 6p 9a liion pack so can have 12v additional and they dont have BMS using balance charger to full hem up many friends of mine not only my friends use extra speed batteries so they can run faster than usual what im saying is what is the difference between a 12v pack without bms and connected to my 52v. Or the 52v with 36v one but with BMS
IMG_20231209_103854002.jpg

I used it tbh 52v with 36v on series, it gave me 90v and i know that my controller can handle it since i have a 80A one..
I don't use electric brake since it recharges the battery just in case
Both batteries have voltage display so i can always monitor if the big one is charging the lil one.. ive even built a 3s 6p 9a liion pack so can have 12v additional and they dont have BMS using balance charger to full hem up many friends of mine not only my friends use extra speed batteries so they can run faster than usual what im saying is what is the difference between a 12v pack without bms and connected to my 52v. Or the 52v with 36v one but with BMS
View attachment 12590
My bad, I failed to realize you are going in series.

My bad, I failed to realize you are going in series.
Yes i used series XD not parallel since i heard parallel conection only works with both packs with same voltages, no worries tho im asking and still learning and really appreciate ppl for helping me and answering my questions, i was just making sure if is ok to connect the batteries pack

What about 52v 18ah series Y connect with 52v 24.4ah to get massive voltage for speed less range, really need high voltage to run a 60v motor ang get load speed since I don't mind range so can at least have 116v total

Do not do this. If the cable connects them in parallel, it will be as addertooth said in Post #2.

If you connect them in series, you will be applying your load to mis-matched cells.

One way or the other, you're going to start a fire.

Save your money and buy a high voltage eBike that was designed for it by engineers who know what they're doing. You know just enough to be dangerous.

One more vote for don't do it.

Just buy the battery you want/need from a reputable builder using quality cells for what you are talking about either Samsung S50s or Molicels.

Don't fool around with yours and others safety because you're being cheap. If you can't afford to do it right then don't do it, just stick to what you have for now while you save up for what you want.

Back