Wooken (Totguard) 27.5" 500 watt EMB

Msged2007

Local time
12:56 PM
Hey guys, I am new to the forum. I have a question that maybe you can help me with. I purchased a Wooken (Totguard) 27.5" ebike with a 500 watt hub motor in the rear wheel. I have almost 500 miles on it and love it. I drive it more than my car for local runs. My question is: Is there a way to increase the maximum speed above 21.6 mph? I know this bike can do it, it has plenty of power, but changing the max speed in the programming to no limit (P08 = 100) has no effect. Also, I accessed the controller below the battery mount cover, and it does not have the white wire connection that everyone else says to disconnect. Any help is appreciated.

It "might help" if you post a Photo of the Display - "maybe" - w/500w and 27.5 "maybe"

20231114_180541.jpg

I did a quick check on your eBike - that's 21mph is about what you will get on your rig.

There is nothing on your Bike "holding it back" - it is a credible eBike for what it is.

There is No Secret Wire to cut - No Secret Code - post a photo of the display and someone else here has a better idea - I don't

Your Display is "likely" to be LCD G-51 - this display is made by several different China factories - I have attached one of the manufacturer's manual.

You are searching and going thru advanced settings - most likely changing P08 value - "if" your controller accepts that change.

Again, what you want to do appears to be just over the Horizon whenyou move up to your next eBike.

Attachments

• NOV 14 LCD G-51 EBIKE DISPLAY MANUAL.pdf
    562.5 KB · Views: 103
Your Display is "likely" to be LCD G-51 - this display is made by several different China factories - I have attached one of the manufacturer's manual.

You are searching and going thru advanced settings - most likely changing P08 value - "if" your controller accepts that change.

Again, what you want to do appears to be just over the Horizon whenyou move up to your next eBike.
Thank you for the manual. On page 11, it says that if the 5th digit in the serial number on the back of the panel is a 0, then the program cannot be overridden. Mine is a 0, so I guess at least the speed limiter cannot be changed even if you change the parameter. This is ok. I can live with 21.6 mph as a top speed. It's been good for almost 500 miles now. I've adapted to having 3 set speeds of 6.4, 12.5, and 21.6 mph for my normal riding anyway. 21.6 is for open road, 12.5 is for sidewalks, and 6.4 is for parking lots, etc.. when I'm around a lot of people. I would still buy it again, but next time I am going for a step through design. I am 5'7", and the top bar is a little high on the 27.5" model. Thanks again for the manual.

Welcome to the Forum - you are a Enthusiastic Rider - we need you - and we need more solid guys like you that Ride and Love their eBikes !!

Hey guys, I am new to the forum. I have a question that maybe you can help me with. I purchased a Wooken (Totguard) 27.5" ebike with a 500 watt hub motor in the rear wheel. I have almost 500 miles on it and love it. I drive it more than my car for local runs. My question is: Is there a way to increase the maximum speed above 21.6 mph? I know this bike can do it, it has plenty of power, but changing the max speed in the programming to no limit (P08 = 100) has no effect. Also, I accessed the controller below the battery mount cover, and it does not have the white wire connection that everyone else says to disconnect. Any help is appreciated.
I believe the motor rpms.(speed) is determined by the applied voltage. So, about the only way to Gainesville more speed is to increase the voltage. I had a 36v 500w motor w/350 watt controller. Upgraded to 48v and 1500w controller. Previous top speed was about 17.5mph, after upgrade 28 mph. If you are already running at 48v the issue will be with the current limit on thele bms or controller or both. At least thats what my issue was.

Back