What is available if anything

Pinhead

Local time
10:13 AM
E bike battery locks

Surely there must be something available to add a lock to a battery

And I don't mean just replacing the existing key lock.

Any ideas
IMG_1626.JPG

Not really. I tried an Ottolock once. And it sort of worked, but an Ottolock is nigh-on worthless as it can be snipped literally in two seconds with ordinary workshop snips, and on your battery casing, it could be slid right off the end anyway.

Maybe this will be a little less unhelpful. On bikes where I cannot permanently hide a battery under a cargo floor - not something possible on a normal bike - I changed the game, so to speak, and made the battery quick-detach.

Here's a before and after, below, and a how-to on whats inside the bag and why its relevant to your question.

BEFORE (you can see the Ottolock on the battery wrapped around the center of it):
img_20180728_090110[1].jpg

AFTER (now there's a battery bag):
PXL_20220814_002823626.jpg

What's your thoughts with using these marine grade 10ga. quick connectors, generally for trolling motors, instead of XT90's? Usually come with caps.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
What's your thoughts with using these marine grade 10ga. quick connectors, generally for trolling motors, instead of XT90's? Usually come with caps.
That is a standard SAE connector. I forget its designation. XT90's are better - think on how the connection is made and you can see why they are better at water resistance, and pretty much not subject to coming loose, ever.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back