Brakes Upgrading to disc brakes from rim brakes

Detectorguy

Local time
3:18 AM
With the use of rim brakes, after my third almost none stop, I thought about upgrading to disc brakes. It seems that every stop I make while coming down a slight hill is getting longer. So I ordered a set of disc brakes to put on my bike. I think improving the brakes may help.

Generally, you can’t switch between rim and disc, (frame, fork and wheel specific). What are you riding?

A converted Electra townie bike that has rim brakes on it. I put a Bafang 750w 20ah battery on it. I have been riding it all over town.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
A converted Electra townie bike that has rim brakes on it. I put a Bafang 750w 20ah battery on it. I have been riding it all over town.

I did the same. Added these brakes to the rear and am very pleased with their silent performance. Fronts were ok with the stock brakes.
Screenshot 2023-08-19 112442.png

Back