Troubleshooting a ebike problem?

Bro...just for s**ts and giggles, check the running lights front and rear and the brake lights...post back when ya can please.

I just read somewhere that someone had the brake error and they bike quit because a led lamp went bad LOL
So it may be worth the effort to check all that at least, eh?

Bro...just for s**ts and giggles, check the running lights front and rear and the brake lights...post back when ya can please.

I just read somewhere that someone had the brake error and they bike quit because a led lamp went bad LOL
So it may be worth the effort to check all that at least, eh?
Yeah I did check them, they appear to be ok & work. Freego is going to send me new brake switches & wiring harness to start with.

They said to start by replacing the brake switches & wiring harness, & if that dont fix the problem, they will then send out new controllers.

I want to highlight this bit here - "I forgot to include this on my 1st post. But 05 error code only shows on the display when I try to do a speed/mph unlock. Its procedure is grab & hold a brake lever while turning the display on. Then you continue to hold the brake for 10 seconds or longer to unlock full speed. Then release the brake. Dont matter which brake lever is used either."

You do not have a brake code error. You have an error doing a "speed/mph unlock". You are communicating a message to your controller, and the controller does not accept or understand the message you have sent.

Also, the fact that you only get 16mph in pas 5 is useless and meaningless without the ADDITIONAL INFO that normally you get a very much higher speed.

When you are functioning, with a hack or workaround, and after a few crashes have a problem, and then the hack does not work, THOROUGHLY check all wires and connections, and hopefully you already know what components are stressed or pushed or bypassed by the hack/workaround, and can concentrate efforts there. Also be aware if you ever update your controller or display firmware, the hack may no longer be available, or operate completely differently.

Also, Freego gave you a DIFFERENT way to get the speed unlocked, so no "fix' to the actual problem has ocurred, just an alternate workaround.

Did you get the error messages with BOTH brake levers, used alternately on seperate powering up events? If BOTH show the problem, that eliminates the switches and brake wiring, unless you managed to crash an exactly identical way on both sides of the bike.

You mention an approx "10 seconds or longer" time interval, use a timer and try different specific intervals, 5,8,12,15 seconds. Ask Freego very specifically if there are a limited number of iterations you can use this hack, also same question for the alternate hack.

You mention the same code still shows up with the alternate hack. Does the new hack use the brake levers in any way, does this error ALWAYS show up, with no hack whatsoever, does it happen randomly?

I would also test original hack with each individual brake lever seperately, power off for 1-3 minutes each time, test left lever with right plug disconnected, then reverse. Could be one of the switches is stuck open or closed, these can work both ways, some ebikes they are always open and send signal when closed, some are the other way around. Could be the hack is still fine but the actual signal error just overrides that function.

Back