Sw900 lcd

brimans500

Local time
10:38 AM
Hi, I have sw900 lcd on a voilamart 1000 kit, problem is it , cuts power for a second to the motor at speed, I’ve tried another sw900 ( mates got same kit ) and it worked fine…the lcd that works ok has some parameters missing, but the faulty one has all of them..so can’t copy setting from the workings one…any ideas .. thanks

A bit more info on when & how often it cuts out would be helpful to the group. Does it cut out at high speed? Cut out going up a large hill? Just cuts out all Willy Nilly all the sudden during a ride? Thanks.

You want the Advanced Settings of the Display you have - but cuts out - but the reliability of yoiur mates Display.

1. Do you have the Model from the back of both ?

2. What "features"/programming that you have with your Display - that you do you NOT have with your mates ?

3. First - it's POSSIBLE that a setting or settings that your rig has )that your mates doesnt have) are causing your Power "interuption" . It's NOT the display itself - it's one or more of the settings that triggers the Controller or Battery BMS to cause that interuptiion.

4. Are you in Australia "mate" - the land where every eBike builder wants to get every single kph out of his rig thru the "free settings" rather than stepping up in rig ?

5. Is there a reason you're not asking this question from who/where you bought your kit from ?

Hi thanks for replying, it cuts out at high speed , it’s definitely the display, my faulty one has all parameter setting from 1to 16, my mates has only 1 to 7 then 12 to 16 (missing 8 to 11), I’ve set the settings in mine to his and still cuts out, I’m assuming the manufacturer has set the lcd (with missing parameter's to their kits spec, I have the very same bike and kit thanks

Hi thanks for replying, it cuts out at high speed , it’s definitely the display, my faulty one has all parameter setting from 1to 16, my mates has only 1 to 7 then 12 to 16 (missing 8 to 11), I’ve set the settings in mine to his and still cuts out, I’m assuming the manufacturer has set the lcd (with missing parameter's to their kits spec, I have the very same bike and kit thanks
On your display out of curiosity, what is your #P8 setting? Thanks.

Seems you got a good old one with the 1-16 settings.

The new ones have 22...it is might be 21 20 settings now on the newer SW900 displays..I like the old style, 2020 and before.

So, P15 on my older SW900 is the LVC
on one of the newer ones i have on a customers build it does not have the LVC ...

So, P15 on my older SW900 is the LVC
on one of the newer ones i have on a customers build it does not have the LVC ...
Human is the P8 setting on the SW900 display your mph setting? I'm curious as I've been reading & looking at different displays. Thanks.

Human is the P8 setting on the SW900 display your mph setting? I'm curious as I've been reading & looking at different displays. Thanks.
on the newer SW900 the P08 is the speed limiting setting. 0-50 m/kph Set at 50 means without limit.

on the older SW900 the P08 if it's set at 100 it means no limit.

Are you talking about the units bro like MPH or KPH?

On both the new SW900 and the old, P02 unit of mileage, 0 =KM and/or 1 =MILES

on the newer SW900 the P08 is the speed limiting setting. 0-50 m/kph Set at 50 means without limit.

on the older SW900 the P08 if it's set at 100 it means no limit.

Are you talking about the units bro like MPH or KPH?

On both the new SW900 and the old, P02 unit of mileage, 0 =KM and/or 1 =MILES
You answered my question. I did not realize there was a old/new model SW900 display. That's good info to know. Thanks.

As a Punter - my money is the issue is in P08.

#1 if P08 cutoff - will cutoff "about" the "same-speed" - regardless of battery charge/voltage
level
#2 as Hmn points out between the Old P08 (where 50kph is unlimited) and New P08 (where 100kph is unlimited) - setting P08 from now/100 back to 50 might solve the problem if this is Old/New mis-match

Hopes this turns out OK - but if it does - this guy does need a realistic attitude about what speed/power his bike will do - I "think" this is a 500W/36V kit ?

If you Push-Over-What-It-Can-Do the bike is hopefully going to protect itself - like its doing now.

I am not a Nanny - but Down-Under hey - wanna go over 25kph speed limit - and go faster than my mates !

Back