Sporadic assist / no assist - Cube Reaction

RobWilkinson

Local time
1:23 PM
Turned on my 1000 mile cube reaction today after a wash yesterday and had first time error display experience. No assistance for first 100 yds or so then motor kicked in after moving to Turbo mode, then stopped again, then went on like that (on/off) for rest of the ride. The spoke magnet was in a good position and all contacts looked clean. Anyone else had same experience? Any suggestions on diagnostics I could do?

Turned on my 1000 mile cube reaction today after a wash yesterday and had first time error display experience. No assistance for first 100 yds or so then motor kicked in after moving to Turbo mode, then stopped again, then went on like that (on/off) for rest of the ride. The spoke magnet was in a good position and all contacts looked clean. Anyone else had same experience? Any suggestions on diagnostics I could do?
Welcome to the forums, by the way :cool:

It’s got worst. Turn display on and it shows error codes 510 and 550. So I’ve used contact spray and dried the three electrical contacts I can access without removing the motor and the battery connection, but with no joy. I’m booked into local bike shop to take a look but any suggestions out there?

Had motor removed by local bike shop. They’re keeping the frame whilst I ship the Bosch motor to ebike motor centre in Hampshire for full service. Postage only £16 but I’m expecting a service bill of c£315. Advise turn round should be two weeks and hopefully it’ll get shipped back to the LBS.

Back