Specialized Vado sl vs precede on cf 8

eischman

Local time
9:46 AM
I am an avid cyclist (ride 100+ miles per week) and tried an ebike (levo) last weekend. Wow I was impressed. Right now the only application I see for me is for a commuter 2X per week and errand runner. I use to commute and moved further away and now have 3 big hills (for this area) and went from 3.5 miles to 10 one way. Since I work 7am to 4:30 the commute was too long and I didnt want to be super sweaty when i got to work. Also traffic is challenging and I do not want to be chugging up hill in traffic at 8 mph. I think it would be doable with a 28mph pedal assist however. I like drop bars and was looking at the creo and grail that are both on sale however the bike shop says I would be better with the vado 4.0 sl so I also looked at the precede cf8.

I like how light the vado is but saw it is almost as heavy as the precede with the rack and fenders. I have read both motors are great but some say there is loss of power on hills for the vado. I love both looks but especially the precede which is $500 more but is cf and components better too.

I am sure Id be in love with either but is one a much better choice? the creo and the grail on look great but are more expensive and I would prefer to ride my non-e gravel bike right now. Please let me know your opinions especially on the motors and usage. I am open to other bikes but do not want to spend over 4K which is why I have kind of stopped looking at the creo and grail. . Thanks in advance

the sl motor in Vado cannot compete with the Bosch in Canyon on uphills or even off the line. I would have gotten the Precede if it was more of a hardtail with a front fork, but even without, I still think it is an amazing deal for CF and the larger cassette

I purchased the Canyon....yes, much more powerful. I test drove the vado sl and now have ridden the canyon...big difference. Only frustrations are the proprietary rack ...my paniers will not work and accessories on canyon site not available in USA.. WTF! Can't even order them

I purchased the Canyon....yes, much more powerful. I test drove the vado sl and now have ridden the canyon...big difference. Only frustrations are the proprietary rack ...my paniers will not work and accessories on canyon site not available in USA.. WTF! Can't even order them
I have Ortlieb 2.1 that I have never used in red of you think they will work for you

Back