Sabvoton S72200 Programming

Riding Fat

Local time
3:56 AM
Hey all. I have about 170mi on my 72V 3000w Ebike using a Sabvoton svmc72200 controller, UCK1 display. I have noticed some behaviors I would like to change.

I have access the setting using the Android AP and also accessed the locked setting in the controller. Using the programming tools I have managed to change the PAS levels from 5 to 9. I have also set the max speed to 72kph (45ish mph) from 99kph.

There are a couple of things I would like to understand about the behaviors of the controller.
  1. PAS settings 1-4, 6, 8, 9 all have a measurable effect on the top speed of the bike as I maintain a constant cadence. Settings 3, 5, 7 appear to have no effect. Is this normal?
  2. If I am coasting down hill at speed and switch to a lower PAS setting, the motor appears to apply resistance. Is this a regen or is the energy wasted as heat?
  3. My controller is capable of 80A, but the BMS on the battery cuts out at 60A. Where can I set the controller to 60A max so that the battery does not exceed 60A. If I blip the throttle on an up hill, the controller will cut out. It comes back online after 30 sec or so.
  4. The PAS setting were changing automatically from 1 to 9 as the bikes speed increased. That stopped happening on the last two rides. The bike now starts at I think setting 1 and stays there unless I change it manually. I would like to try the auto setting again as I would like to have the bike accelerate slower from a standstill. I want to mask some of the PAS affect when I am stopped or slowing for traffic so I can slow pedal. My controls are too far from my handles to operate the brakes and controller at the same time safely.
  5. Is there an actual regen function? I saw it in one of the locked screens, but I didn't think these ebike controllers allowed for true regen back into the batteries.
  6. Can I set a limit on the throttle where it will not work unless the pedals are also spinning? This would be to avoid unintentional acceleration.
Thanks,

Rob

I can only offer 1 piece of advice/help. I would set max amps a touch lower than your battery BMS max rating.

Also how does your bike perform at 72volts & 3000watts. Does it have a lot torque? Does it try to wheel stand on you.

Thanks.

I can only offer 1 piece of advice/help. I would set max amps a touch lower than your battery BMS max rating.

Also how does your bike perform at 72volts & 3000watts. Does it have a lot torque? Does it try to wheel stand on you.

Thanks.
I know this is old but I built a 3000w kit from NBpower with an 72v 80bms battery and an 80amp Sabvoton controller and "Wheel Stand" is not the correct wording for what this kit does! It will stop the world. 6kw with a low throttle delay will rip a mountainbike to pieces if not secured correctly.

Back