Problems with Amazon and China - Eahora Cupid

groceryguy

Local time
2:11 AM
Just bought a Eahora Cupid, and the it was delivered with flat tires. I replaced the tube, and the tire popped its bead.
Inspection showed the bead is also broken, and I know the company reimbursed me for the tube, but has to see about the Compass tire.
It is a 20"x 3.0" and the rim is 12"x 2.25. I wonder what is the best move forward, a set of new tires? I ride just to the grocery store and joy ride. Anyway comments are welcome, thanks

I "think" your Compass-Tire is made by a tire manfacturer named Wanda - chack eBay for Wanda 20x3 and see if there is a matching tire offered there - about $50 (bandits).

A "folding bead" tire has a Kelvar cord as the bead(s) - a wire bead tire (also called clincher) has a wire cable as a bead (nhence non-folding"

I personally have not seen a "broken bead" in many moon's - the bead coming off the rim "usually" has to do with the wheel spokes not being "true" which allows the rtm th etist and throw off the bead.

It is NOT uncommon for eBike's in this range to have either poorly spoked wheels - or sh*t tire - or both.

20x3's - you're looking at $35-$50+ per tire - my fav street tire in that range is Sunlite Cruiser Flame - also called Flame Cruiser - about $35 ea - wire bead - run those puppies up to 35 PSI and be rolling mate.

... my fav street tire in that range is Sunlite Cruiser Flame - also called Flame Cruiser - about $35 ea - wire bead - run those puppies up to 35 PSI and be rolling mate.
Have you used them in the wet? I wonder if the siping (which is in a flame pattern) works well to clear water.

Back