Tires & Tubes My Current Fav 26" Fattie Street Tire - and the Reasons Why

fabbrisd

Local time
4:41 AM
The bulk of my eBike riding is Refined - my town has 70 miles of paved or improved bike trails - and they're are working on bike lanes for all new city streets.

Depending on what Fat Tire eBike you buy - most come with a Knobby Tread Tires - for eBike Riding in my town I am looking for Smoother and Quieter ride.

My Fav 26" Refined Fattie "Street" Tire at the moment is the Sunlite Baja 26x3.5 - made OEM by Vee Tire Company - consider these Sunlite Baja's to be VeeSpeedsters Plus-Plus - the Pluses (1) Wire Bead - much better than folding bead (2) 36TPI for for longer tire life and better handling - and the best part you can get a pair/2 right now at a very good price (2 Vee Speedsters wopuld be like $160-$170 and don't have Plus-Plus) :

CLICK HERE 364CYCLES SUNLITE BAJA 26X3.5 UNDER $95+TAX FOR THE PAIR

PLUS -Let's shoot for No Flats onm top ot that ! I am a enthusiastc supporter of FlatOut Sportsman Forulaand/or FlatOut QuickStrike. With pre-ride PSI check + FlatOut: I HAVE NOT HAD ANY FLATS IN ANY OF MY EBIKES OR ESCOOTERS FOR OVER 1 1/2YRS. I am posting my experience - I am not "hawking the product" Yes -

I was a Tannus 1st adopter early on - yes. Tannus takes a bit more effort on the install - but I was seriously disappointed that about 6 mos later I started picking up flats again - and went I pulled the tunes to repair I found Tannus seriiously compresses over time inside my tires and became thin/subject to punctures again.

I then went to MrTuffy liners + FlatOut (which was new'r at that time in eBike space). I hate paying the price for Mr Tuffy but evry other liner I tried was bogus. I was very/very happy with NO FLATS and I decided to add 4oz FlatOut to my eScooter tires - MrTuffy is not recommended my eScooter tires at this rotation speed - a couple of my perforrmance eScooters can run 45-55mph - and one can run 65mphj (if I am brave enough that day) for my eScooters went to 4oz FlatOut only - NO FLATS.

So now as I add a new eBike - I am a FlatOut guy (only - no liner). Bought 6 bottles last Holiday on Special at that time - I'm good for now.

CLICK HERE EBIKE GUYS SHOOTS NAILS AND DRILLS HOLES IN HIS TIRE TO TEST FLATOUT

CLICK HERE FLATOUT SPORTSMAN FORMULA LESS THAN $19 AMAZON W/TOOL+SPARE SCHRADER VALVE CORE

If my 16" motorcycle tires dont pan out. I'm going to get 20"×4" Huntsman Vee tire. They get mixed reviews on the net, but I blame most of that on the peoples installation errors/practices.

Duh! The reason I would run the Huntsmans Vee tires is due to me riding offroad & wanting some traction stability, yet get decent battery range/miles on the highway because of the closed center tire.

When I first got my Rad Rover 5 I was getting a flat tire every few weeks and researched inserts, quick patch kits, etc… and then found FlatOut and have not had a single flat for well over a year and a half. I’ve (unintentionally) driven over all kinds of glass, metal and random debris without any problems. Its easy to pump into the inner tubes, too! Between 10-15 full pumps in each tire. Put the valve insert back in and pump air in until it's the pressure you want it to be. Enjoy!

I run 26" x 2.5 Maxxis Hook Worms on my fatty.
Hook Worm.jpg

Back