Newbie Question, Bafang M600 Display Advice

DaveH

Local time
10:02 PM
I'm new to Ebikes so go easy on me! lol
I recently purchased a Mid Drive bike with a Bafang M600.
The display that was supposed to come on the bike was a 3-1/2" color but came with a 1" black and white, which I'm not happy about. Pics attached.
The manufacturer has offered me a $50 discount to keep the bike as is which I rejected and stated I wanted and purchased the larger color display.
Currently awaiting their response.

When I go to Bafang's website and look up this mid drive I do not see the 3" display only the 1" display.
I pulled the cable out of the back of the display, and it is triangular.
I believe this is CAN protocol.
You guys probably know what I'm referring to but it's all Greek to me at this point but I'm learning.

My question is, does anyone know if I can purchase the display that the bike was supposed to ship with?
I found a Bafang display DP C18.CAN. I'm hoping the ".CAN" means the correct protocol / connection type.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• display.jpg
    display.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 68
  • basic1.jpg
    basic1.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 86
CAN, fully CanBus, is just a comm protocol. Has nothing whatsoever to do with connectors, however.

You can DEFINITELY purchase the other display. Whether or not it will work on your bike, is an adventure you signed up for.

Avoid any component requiring any comm protocol, requiring replacement parts from an EXTREMELY LIMITED pool, which are usually stupidly expensive.

Thanks for the follow up. I'm having a hell of a time trying to find a large color display that uses this triangular connector.
I've email Bafang but haven't heard back.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Attachments

• Connector.jpg
    Connector.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 62
Back