Help! Display Replacement

CheapEbiker

Local time
8:51 AM
Hello everyone,

Due to years of wear, tear, and exposure to bad weather, the APT 350U 5-pin controller for my foldable e-bike needs to be replaced.

In my search, I found the exact replacement display, but it seemed somewhat overpriced. However, I also came across 'universal displays' that were up to 75% cheaper. Is it reasonable to assume that a universal 5-pin display would work just as well once installed?

I'm asking because, in the best-case scenario, I could end up with an even better display. But in the worst-case scenario, I might spend money on a product that doesn't work, when I could have simply purchased the correct display right from the start.

The following can be read from the back of my current display (that needs to be replaced):
350U A0436 ZXDL1.0
V1.3D 201809030010
RoHs CE

And on the front it simply says:
PAS
Intelligent

Thank you in advance for your insights, advice and help. I greatly appreciate it.

Hello everyone,

Due to years of wear, tear, and exposure to bad weather, the APT 350U 5-pin controller for my foldable e-bike needs to be replaced.

In my search, I found the exact replacement display, but it seemed somewhat overpriced. However, I also came across 'universal displays' that were up to 75% cheaper. Is it reasonable to assume that a universal 5-pin display would work just as well once installed?

I'm asking because, in the best-case scenario, I could end up with an even better display. But in the worst-case scenario, I might spend money on a product that doesn't work, when I could have simply purchased the correct display right from the start.

The following can be read from the back of my current display (that needs to be replaced):
350U A0436 ZXDL1.0
V1.3D 201809030010
RoHs CE

And on the front it simply says:
PAS
Intelligent

Thank you in advance for your insights, advice and help. I greatly appreciate it.
For the display to work with your controller they need to be both talking the language. There are a couple of protocols typically used in the e-bike community, please check to make sure they are the same. Then there may need to be some custom programming of the display to work with you bike and controller. Do yourself a favor and verify with the seller that their display will work with your e-bike make and model.

Back