New to Aventon Aventure - a couple of Questions

azrider

Local time
9:43 AM
Hi I'm new to this forum and looking forward to finding out more about my bike. But first ...

I just bought an Aventon Aventure it's the Gen 1 model, (sales guy said it's last years model) and have a couple of questions.

First - I have been riding a Rad Power RadRunner before I bought this Aventon, I truly love this bike so far, but I haven't found the right gear and power setting to achieve an easy ride, I'm either pedaling way to much or I'm not pedaling hardly at all. This by the way is on a mainly level surface. Is there a right combination of speed level and gearing, or is this what it'll be?

Second - compared to the Rad Runner this bike seems to drain the battery a fair bit faster, is that because of the wider bigger tires, slightly heavier bike or rider error - meaning I haven't found that right gear and power setting??

Thank you I look forward to your replies.

Paul

Hi I'm new to this forum and looking forward to finding out more about my bike. But first ...

I just bought an Aventon Aventure it's the Gen 1 model, (sales guy said it's last years model) and have a couple of questions.

First - I have been riding a Rad Power RadRunner before I bought this Aventon, I truly love this bike so far, but I haven't found the right gear and power setting to achieve an easy ride, I'm either pedaling way to much or I'm not pedaling hardly at all. This by the way is on a mainly level surface. Is there a right combination of speed level and gearing, or is this what it'll be?

Second - compared to the Rad Runner this bike seems to drain the battery a fair bit faster, is that because of the wider bigger tires, slightly heavier bike or rider error - meaning I haven't found that right gear and power setting??

Thank you I look forward to your replies.

Paul
Ok, some have changed the rear gears/cassette/freewheel for ones that help with what you describe, also a change of the front sprocket can change things to what you want/need.

I'm only saying that because i have one sitting in my kitchen for sale since i bought it, learned from it and built one to suit my needs.

It's been a very good Learning tool for me to say the least.
So in the Aventon App you can change things to slow the motor down a bit
by reducing the speed limit.

Absolutely, those wider tires will help drain the battery faster than a RadRunner.

Hopefully others with Aventure experience will chome in with more stuffs :)

Ride Safe! :cool:

HP

Back