magnets? who knows the answer to this one......

My ebike computer shows an option to select the number of magnets. What is the significance of more or less magnets?
I think it's a programming feature for the PAS magnets. Some use 1, some use 6, some 9, & so on up to 12 magnets. If settings are wrong I think things dont play well together then.

Thks for the reply. I'm trying to get this ebike to go faster. Sounds like the magnet configuration isn't the answer. Current top speed it's at about 35 but I know it has more in the tank.....

Magnets can also be the motor magnet count (no fudging this number or else), or the speed sensor magnet count (the latter are embedded inside the motor casing cover). On a Bafang mid drive, the number of speed sensors on the wheel is usually one, but if you put two on, and set the controller to 2 speed sensors, the controller will understand it needs to have two passes from two magnets to clock a single wheel revolution.

You want to know what yours is, because if your motor is speed limited, then you can fake it out by altering the wheel diameter or speed sensor count. Set the motor to 2 speed sensors and use only one sensor. Now the motor thinks the wheel is rotating half as fast as it really is. That will defeat a speed-based sensor (and throw off your speedometer and odometer).

Magnets can also be the motor magnet count (no fudging this number or else), or the speed sensor magnet count (the latter are embedded inside the motor casing cover). On a Bafang mid drive, the number of speed sensors on the wheel is usually one, but if you put two on, and set the controller to 2 speed sensors, the controller will understand it needs to have two passes from two magnets to clock a single wheel revolution.

You want to know what yours is, because if your motor is speed limited, then you can fake it out by altering the wheel diameter or speed sensor count. Set the motor to 2 speed sensors and use only one sensor. Now the motor thinks the wheel is rotating half as fast as it really is. That will defeat a speed-based sensor (and throw off your speedometer and odometer).
hi well I have a 250w Bafang rear hub motor with a dual controller and an s830 display now in the settings P07 I see and have read to set it at 1 or 46 problems is a t 1 it doesn't even register the speed at 46 it goes nuts I have the option to put in 255 I have done so but my speed is still giving me 12km to fast if I compare to my GPS what's going on can anyone help me

Back