Left with a battery after bike stolen

F

Fred Medrano

Just had my Bafang converted ebike stolen. Due to other circumstances I will not be replacing it. So I find myself left in possession of a battery that I'd like to sell considering I paid $289 for it. I'm not getting much interest on my local online ads. If I place the ad outside my area, where I'd have to ship it, how do I ensure I get the money and they get the battery. Is there some kind of "escrow" available that ensures all is up and up? I've never sold anylthing that I had to ship to someone. Thanks in advance for your help.

Just had my Bafang converted ebike stolen. Due to other circumstances I will not be replacing it. So I find myself left in possession of a battery that I'd like to sell considering I paid $289 for it. I'm not getting much interest on my local online ads. If I place the ad outside my area, where I'd have to ship it, how do I ensure I get the money and they get the battery. Is there some kind of "escrow" available that ensures all is up and up? I've never sold anylthing that I had to ship to someone. Thanks in advance for your help.
What a bummer! Sorry to hear your bike was stolen, which is my number one anxiety about having an eBike. Good luck getting a buyer for your battery!

Have you tried putting it up for sale on ebay?

That way you get paid first, and then you ship the battery with a tracking number.

Be sure to check the postage regulations on posting large batteries in your country. I know in my country, you can only post large batteries via road rather than air.

Back