I need to purchase a 48 volt battery-too many choices

Brandnewtrike

Local time
12:27 PM
I need to purchase a 48 volt battery and am lost on which ones are good batteries and which ones to stay away from. Looked on Amazon which offers many different brands at good prices but not sure about them. Grin Technology and Golden Motors offers batteries but prices look high.

You can pay extra to be certain of quality, or pay a lot less and be a lot less certain.

I could tell you of a good quality battery I bought from Amazon for cheap, but that was not yesterday, and even if it was they could have changed factory and management by now. However, for about one-quarter the price, IMO I would risk it again.

Specify your budget, rider's physical build, typical usage and desired range; maybe you would get better suggestions from the collective.

Specify your budget, rider's physical build, typical usage and desired range; maybe you would get better suggestions from the collective.
I appreciate the feedback. I know what voltage and range of AH I need just not sure which brands to consider. FTH Power sells Reention batteries that are pushing my budget but they do have a 2 year warranty. Amazon have lots of brands but not sure which brands to consider. Unit Pack Power brands keeps coming up on Google searched for Best eBike battery searches.

I appreciate the feedback. I know what voltage and range of AH I need just not sure which brands to consider. FTH Power sells Reention batteries that are pushing my budget but they do have a 2 year warranty. Amazon have lots of brands but not sure which brands to consider. Unit Pack Power brands keeps coming up on Google searched for Best eBike battery searches.
If you go the unit power pack way, I would pay up for the LG4800 Cells or the 21700 cells. I've heard the LG4800 or the 21700 cells are good battery cells, but i am unsure on Unit Power Pack quality.

Is there a brand that I need to consider or any that I defiantly need to stay away from?
I'm not sure. I'm new in this ebike stuff. Lol I havent even got my bike yet. I do think thou I would buy a pack with name brand battery cells.

1. Reention is a reputable battery case manufacturer in Kunshan outside of Shanghai. Reention produces battery cases & cradles - they do not assemble complete batteries.

2. UPP is a Legitimate Battery "Assembler/Manufacturer" and maintains warehouses in US + Canada + EU. MUCH EASIER to deal with warranty/serviced with their offices US + Canada.
For example - if UPP says "this battery uses LG 21700 cells" then that battery is built with those cells" - and frankly that is a huge thing !

I bought a battery from Beyondmore-uk on Amazon. I thoroughly recommend them. Very good battery and after sales.

Batteries on eBay and Amazon are a significant risk.
I will give you a metric to locate sellers who are certain to be "dishonest" about their batteries.

Go on both the sites and search for "Hailong 48v 30ah"
Write down the name of the sellers for all the listings that come up, and put them on your "do not buy from list".

Every product which comes up is certain to be a lie. The seller is either "looking the other way, or is intentionally dishonest".

Why? That would be a 13s6p battery using 21700 Panasonic batteries to achieve this. The problem is, A Hailong case cannot possibly hold that many cells.

Weight can be a giveaway. If the battery is 48v, with 21700 cells, and weights only 9.4 pounds.... it cannot possibly be more than 20 Ah of current.
That is the weight of JUST the battery, and not the mounting plate to attach the battery to the bike.

Batteries on eBay and Amazon are a significant risk.
I will give you a metric to locate sellers who are certain to be "dishonest" about their batteries.

Go on both the sites and search for "Hailong 48v 30ah"
Write down the name of the sellers for all the listings that come up, and put them on your "do not buy from list".

Every product which comes up is certain to be a lie. The seller is either "looking the other way, or is intentionally dishonest".

Why? That would be a 13s6p battery using 21700 Panasonic batteries to achieve this. The problem is, A Hailong case cannot possibly hold that many cells.

Weight can be a giveaway. If the battery is 48v, with 21700 cells, and weights only 9.4 pounds.... it cannot possibly be more than 20 Ah of current.
That is the weight of JUST the battery, and not the mounting plate to attach the battery to the bike.
preach

preaching to the choir, used to count the rows and figure 2.5-3 ah per row

Back